WOW Moments?

Monica P.
on 9/12/07 8:23 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
I don't think I have enough pants to keep up with this weight loss! I wore these slacks last week that I wore when I was thinner. They fit me fine. Then I put them back on again today now my butt & thighs are swimming in all the extra fabric! Then there is a pair of black jeans I bought last winter. I bought them without trying them on and I had a major 'muffin-top' when I put them on at home. I never wore them. Not only do they fit, I can pull them off without unbuttoning them. Oh, and this guy in the elevator keeps giving me 'the look'. Too bad he's not cute.
Jean M. B.
on 9/12/07 11:23 pm - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Monica! Muffin top... Never heard that before but it is so "fitting"! I think I'm going to try Goodwill soon. I've never been able to find large sizes there but, I'm almost in an 18, so...maybe! This is a prob when you have to kinda dress for the office. But, I am so THANKFUL to have it! Take care and CONGRATS! Jean
saphireset3
on 9/12/07 9:38 am - Yuba City, CA
I hadn't been seeing the scales move and was getting pretty worried but my co-workers keep telling me how much I'm "shrinking". They've nicknamed me the incredible shrinking woman. I went home asked my hubby for an honest opinion and he said he saw the loss too. So I went to the dreaded full length mirror looked in and for the 1st time saw a new me. My newly ordered SMALLER work shirts were hanging down off me like a Moo-Moo dress and my shorts looked like a tent. Unfortunately this wasn't untill I returned from back to school night at my daughter's high school where I met her teachers, friends and their parents. Oh well, I'll take embarassment like this any day. I Am Stronger Than Myself Janice
Jean M. B.
on 9/12/07 11:27 pm - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Janice! I bet you were for joy when you looked in that mirror! I had the same thing happen with a blouse I really liked. It made me to see how big it was on me!!! Keep up the good work! Jean
jessica0378
on 9/12/07 12:55 pm - Red Lion, PA
clothes look like I'm swimming in them, gone from a 26W (tight) to a 22w loose, almost comfortable 18W in 2 months. people notice and say how proud they are of me.....my new alter ego is named "Skinny Me" (rather than Mini-Me) starting to look not as bad in my swim suit more energy, better sex life, and not winded/sweaty after general activity (flight of stairs, walking to mailbox, cleaning house, etc.)
Jean M. B.
on 9/12/07 11:29 pm - St. Cloud, MN
I hear ya, Jessica! Glad you're feeling so well!!! Don't cha just luv WLS? Jean
Leslie S.
on 9/16/07 9:34 pm
A 'wow' moment for me is that I can wear size 16's now!!! My highest size was 24, surgery day I was 22 and now, almost 2 months later, I am a 16!!! Tomorrow (9/18) is my 2 month surgiversary and I am hoping to be under 200 pounds. 199 is my goal. I hope that I make it! Please, please, please!!!! Congrats on everyone's 'wow' moments! Keep up the good work!!!! ~Leslie~
Jean M. B.
on 9/17/07 7:45 am - St. Cloud, MN
CONGRATS on your weight loss, Leslie! I hope you make your goal of 199lbs, too! But, even if the scale doesn't tell you what you want to hear, you are doing fantastic! I can't wait to get into a size 16! I'm almost in an 18....it'll come. Good to hear from you, take care, Jean
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views