Scale *****

Caliqt03
on 9/8/07 6:17 am - Richmond, TX
I'd like to confess that I'm a scale ***** also. I don't know how to break this cycle though. I'm definitely not going to bring my scale to work cause I don't want to advertise my weight and have all the commentary about it. I think I may hide the scale from myself and only weigh once per week. It's gonna be hard. But, I gotta do it. Any other suggestions?
Monica P.
on 9/8/07 12:45 pm - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
It's not easy being a sclae-***** is it? I wasn't going to weigh-in for the whole office. I was planning to take the scale to the ladies room, weigh myself inprivate and keep the number to myself. Although my co-workers are all aware I had surgery. The other suggestions I heard were to keep the scale out of reach like up on a high shelf or in the trunk of my car...so that the impulsive need to weigh myself is avoided.
ckocher
on 9/10/07 5:48 am - Sacramento, CA
Yep, me too! I was weighing every day and had a real hate thing going on with the scale for a while. So, I bought a new scale and then I put the scale underneath one of the recliners in the family room where the hardwood floor is most level. I only weigh once a week now which is helping me feel better about myself. Plus I completely ignore the reading for the week before my period. Apparently I not only get constipated, but I also retain between 5-8 lbs of water for over 10 days every month just due to my cycle! Eek! Thanks for sharing your struggle with the scale and your very creative (and effective) solution. Charity
bfd-234most
on 9/12/07 12:55 am - Ellerbe, NC
I find the scale to be my enemy. It makes me sad when it does not move down any and for the past four weeks, my scale has not moved at all. So I have begun to avoid the scale by resisting the temptation to jump on for a quick fix. I know that I am losing weight because all of my clothes are baggy and I feel smaller. Why do I need the scale to reinforce my wieght loss? It has never been a real friend to me, so why would I trust it now?
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views