Numerous & Humerous little WOW moments from this weekend....

Laurie J.
on 8/20/07 5:38 am - St Croix Falls, WI
Ok, I know I haven't been posting here much, but wanted to share these with you...I'm sure that everyone here is having their own WOWs. These aren't huge wows, but I did find humor in them and they made me feel good! 1.) Friday at work, we can wear jeans. Even though I am down over 30 lbs, I still am wearing my old clothes - they were tight before surgery. Anyway...I was walking down the hall at work with my hands in my pockets and did a little stretch thing - where I hunch my shoulders and press my hands down in my pockets....almost lost my pants!!! Guess I won't be doing that again for a while... 2.) Saturday I got up and went to coffee in Osceola, and then went home to take a nap. I had changed into a pair of my cumfy pajama bottom pants and laid down on the couch. Well, one of the kitties didn't want me to sleep, he wanted me to play or to let him outside, so I got up to let him outside, and he was pawing at my leg, and pulled the pants off!! Before WLS, even if the drawstring wasn't tied, they would have stayed up.... 3.) Sunday, I went to visit the BF, and he said something right away that he noticed that I had lost more weight. Then, he gave me a hug and he exclaimed..."HEY I can reach my elbows!!" meaning that when he hugged me, he could touch his elbow with the opposite hand, and he couldn't quite reach that far before! 4.) Also - on Sunday morning I decided I should weigh myself. I was ready to be disappointed because I didn't feel like I had done very well this past week, but I had dropped 5 lbs! (well, almost - acutally about 4.8 lbs, but close enough). It sure made ME feel good. 5.) Again, on Sunday - when I got dressed for church, I put my skirt on and then a sweater set that I have had for a couple of years. The cardigan sweater part of the set actually HANG at my hips, not got bunched up on my hips and butt...what a WONDERFUL thing! Sorry this is so long, but had to share with you guys....I know you could relate/appreciate these!
Monica P.
on 8/20/07 8:08 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
I never get tired of reading about WOW moments...they inspire me. On Friday I lost my shorts....twice. I had my regular shorts on that I wear around the house and ended up going out for breakfast as I was leaving I felt kind of 'drafty'. My shorts had fallen off my hips and would have fallen down if I had not noticed. Then later in the day I went to the beach and wore these nylon type of shorts over my bathing suit. The waves kept washing them off me...good thing I had something on underneath! I have my favorite pair of white linen pants that were beginning to get snug around the waist before surgery. Now there's room to spare around the waist. The hips and thighs are getting loose and I kept grabbing at the material on my sides because I can't believe how roomy they're getting. As a pre-op someone advised me to keep trying on my smaller clothes because if I don't I could pass right through some sizes and not even realize it. Today, my first day back at work, I'm wearing dress slacks that had got too tight for me. They fit almost perfectly now and in a month I bet they're going to be too big.
MsGriff07
on 8/20/07 11:44 pm - Philadelphia, PA
My daughter and I share a love of rocker fashion she can do it she's tiny and well anyway she got some studded and spiked leather cuffs last year.... of course I had to try them on yeah right they didn't fit around my fat wrist well the other day she had them on the table and I tried them on and guess what they fit..... not only did they fit.... they fit on the second snaps and not the first snaps..... inches off the wrist who would've thought? Second wow moment my underwear is totally sagging not pretty! Third wow moment:Tried on a bunch of clothes I refused to give away(just in case I lose weight) and some of the things were way too big and some things were just right ...case in point... I found a pair of jeans last year at Marshall's really cute jeans. well IIm the type that will not try on a thing in the store... I got those badboys home and they were sooo tight I had to lay down to zip them up.... they were cute though...I hung them in my closet where they been ever since tried them on today they fit with room!!! .....yea for small miracles Carla
Laurie J.
on 8/21/07 11:13 pm - St Croix Falls, WI
Monica, that is exactly what has happened to me. I was wearing my size 26 cloths, and yesterday I thought I would try some size 24 clothes. I put the out fit on, and the pants were snug...I couldn't figure out why, since the 26s were so loose. Well, they were 22s, not 24s - I totally missed size 24!
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views