stuck in a rut

iluvnyy2
on 8/20/07 3:21 am - Monmouth Junction, NJ
My surgery was July 10th. The first month the weight flew off (35 pounds). I have been on solid foods since week five and the weight loss has basically stopped. I am fluctuating between a three pound range for the last two weeks. Anyone else experience this? I'm so afraid that I am going to be the girl who couldn't loose weight with the surgery.
Deana F.
on 8/20/07 5:09 am - Austin, TX
Hey there, I had my surgery on the 9th of July. Don't fret. It will get better. I lost 20 pounds right away..then in the last 4 weeks, its literally taken me that long to loose an additional 12 pounds. Then Aunt Flo arrived, and I went up 3 pounds. I upped the water, and made sure I got my protein in..and viola, 4 pounds came off. My grand total is 33 pounds in 6 weeks. I wish I could loose more, but hey, I'm glad that I've lost what I have. And get this, I know I'm loosing a ton of inches! I'm down a size! Remember, our bodies are in shock. Make sure you exercise..even if you just walk around your neighborhood for 30 minutes. Hang in there...
saphireset3
on 8/20/07 6:00 am - Yuba City, CA
I'm right there with Deanna, You've told my story word for word and pound for pound! Slowly but surely stays off better than fast and furious. Stick with it, your not alone! I Am Stronger Than Myself - Janice
Monica P.
on 8/20/07 8:13 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
Thank you for posting this!! My 'Aunt Flo' has totally messed up my progress! First of all she was late....and my weight has been stalled for almost a week now. I've lost about 22-23 pounds after 4 weeks and I feel like such a dork because I read about others who have lost more. I know, I know, I know....we all lose at different rates. But STILL!! Now that I'm back at work I hope I can get all my protein and water in before 5pm so that I can be on track.
amyj2781
on 8/20/07 5:24 am - salisbury, MA
Hello there! my surgery date was july 16, just 6 days after yours, and I am going through the exact same thing. My nut tells me not to focus on the scale, but to do the program, focusing on protien, water and excersice. If I am doing all the right things, the lbs will eventually come off. And remember 35 lbs is amazing... without this surgery i know i could never have lost that much in a month doing what i was doing before! hang in there I am right there with ya!
Jupiter6
on 8/20/07 6:32 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I was July 16th as well-- and eat less than 650 calories a day-- and have lost only 17 pounds to date --(-after you figure in the post-operative gain and loss of 15 pounds of IV fluids.) 17 pounds is small change. Then again, I lost 68 pre-op, which does effect post-op loss. In any case, try not to be despondent. Do what you're supposed to do, and thie chips'll fall where they fall.
iluvnyy2
on 8/20/07 7:38 am - Monmouth Junction, NJ
Thanks everyone. It's so nice to hear that I am not the only one going through this.
H A.
on 8/20/07 9:13 am - NOR CAL, CA
Same thing for me I've been at a stall for almost two weeks.
freespirit01
on 8/20/07 10:21 am - Maumee, OH
I was beginning to think I was doing this all wrong! It makes me feel better to know that everyone else is going through the same thing. I had surgery on 7/18 and have lost 28#. I was thinking I was way off base, but I think I am on track!! Thanks for the support!
Jacqueline H.
on 8/22/07 1:33 pm - Lawrenceville, NJ
I had my surgery July 19. Just after my two-week appointment, I lost a couple more pounds and then just stalled for the next two weeks. When I went to my next visit (1 month), I showed a 3-lb drop (including the couple of pounds I had lost right after the previous appointment) bringing my first month total to -20 lbs, but my nutritionist said that was normal and that I should now expect to lose 3-6 lbs a month. That appointment was last Friday and just during the last couple of days, all of a sudden the scale is moving again. Several friends have told me that it's completely normal for your body to take some time to adjust every now and again, but that eventually the scale will start moving again if you are doing what you are supposed to. You're definitely not alone!! (I've had the same fear about not losing, so I feel for you!)
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views