Back To The Real World

saphireset3
on 8/19/07 12:40 pm - Yuba City, CA
Well it's offical, my summer has come to an end. School starts back tomorrow, this in turn means so do I. I'm pretty nervous going back to work. I'll have a new schedule, working straight through from 6:15 am until 12:15 pm before I get a break. This scares me because I've got myself set in my set routines that work for me, and now all of a sudden I'll be trying to figure out how to get my proteins and vitamins in again. I won't have access to a fridge to keep meals and snacks in so I'll have to rely on room temp fruits and protein vials. I'll have to move my walks to the evenings, which is difficult for me, I'm usually so tired when I get home I don't feel like doing anything. I'm sure I'll manage, it'll be good for me to be out and about more often. Wish me luck with my adjustment back into my NEW real world. I Am Stronger Than Myself - Janice
H A.
on 8/19/07 11:46 pm - NOR CAL, CA
Can you put a little fridge in your class room? I put one in my office and it's a life saver. I think my son's teacher has one in her class. Heidi
MsGriff07
on 8/19/07 11:52 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Why don't you try a small cooler a soft pack one they should be on sale now I bought one to take my protein shake and water to the beach and I had water left over a few hours later and they were still ice cold I,m taking mine to school this year too... Hope this helps...... Good luck to a new school year!! Carla
saphireset3
on 8/20/07 5:55 am - Yuba City, CA
That would be great, unfortunately there's no plug-in in my school bus! I drive from 630-800 then go straight into security at the high school until 1030, where I'll have a chance to wash my hands and eat my room temp fruit and 1/2 vial of protein while chasing semi rabid teenagers, back to driving from 1030-1230, then pull into my house for my break till 200. With nowhere to wash up and all of the kids cooties, eating in the bus is deffinately NOT an option. But on the bright side, I think I walked close to 2 miles around campus today!!!! WOO-HOO ME! What a way to start my 6th week out! I Am Stronger Than Myself - Janice
justcuz
on 8/22/07 5:23 am - Maricopa, AZ
If your bus has a car charger, they sell these little baby fridge or soda / water coolers that plug in. They sell them here in Arizona. Probably can find on line. Just a thought / solution.
mslenamaria
on 8/22/07 5:54 am - Whittier, CA
You can do something.... Even a lil soft insulated bag with ice.. and some strong wipies... with antibacterial. see solutions.. lol take care. I have to think about my new schedule too. 12 hr graveyard shift. ugh i dont want to think about it.
jowenm
on 8/23/07 9:56 pm - STATEN ISLAND, NY
I'm with you.. I had 6 weeks Short Term Disability, so Monday I start back at the office. Noone at work knows what kind of surgery I had- so this 40lb weightloss is gonna give them a clue I guess. Today's my birthday and all I can think about is going back to work.. how sad am I? I need to get my self organized...
saphireset3
on 8/24/07 9:53 am - Yuba City, CA
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!
jowenm
on 8/25/07 12:17 pm - STATEN ISLAND, NY
Whole new world.. my poor husband didn't know what to do for me. He always takes me out to my favorite restaurant and use to buy me yummy chocolates.. and some clothes.. he was so stumped so he gave me a raincheck on the clothes and did his best
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views