My WLS Journey

blkbutterfly
on 8/17/07 11:25 am - Beaufort, SC
I had my lap rny on July 9th. My Dr. says that everything went well. I have not been able to walk straight since July 9th! I have numbness and soreness in my lower back/upper buttocks area. I was released from the hospital on July 11 and ended back up in the hospital on the 13th for the back problems. I had a bladder infection as well at this time which didnt help my back. It is frustrating. My doc believes that I have this problem due to being on the OR table for four hours. My fam thinks otherwise. As of July 31, I lost 55 lbs! (I have severe lymphedema so I believe that most of this weight was water weight because my legs have went down considerably). I started feeling queasy this week each time I eat. I am having problems getting in protein and water also....I'm hopeful that my journey gets better and I hope that I can start walking straight again soon!
H A.
on 8/18/07 12:24 am - NOR CAL, CA
I'm so sorry you have had so much trouble after surgery. I pray for a speedy recovery Katrina and hope for the best. Heidi
blkbutterfly
on 8/18/07 3:39 pm - Beaufort, SC
Thank you so much Heidi. We both know that prayer changes things!
Jean M. B.
on 8/20/07 1:40 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Katrina! Sounds like you have had a terrible time of it!! So, Sorry! I really hope you are feeling better. (Haven't checked in on OH for a few days) Did want to say CONGRATS! on your weight loss, tho! I didn't care if my wt loss was water or whatever, a loss is a loss to me! Anyway, take care and keep us posted, Jean
iluvnyy2
on 8/20/07 3:35 am - Monmouth Junction, NJ
I am so sorry to hear of your struggles. I too had some complications after my surgery. I had a history of blood clots due to a genetic disorder so before the surgery my surgeon had me put a filter in to catch a clot should one develop. It was by far teh best thing I have ever done (other than this surgery). I developed two huge clots post-op. I then had an allergic reaction to the medication and had to be hospitalized for another four days for IV meds. I am out now, but have to go see a million doctors (ok, just 3 but it feels like a million) all the time. I am in at least two different doctors offices every week. I know what you are going through, its hard enough to cope after this surgery but to have added complications makes it so much worse.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views