HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please!!!!!!

MsGriff07
on 8/17/07 12:20 am - Philadelphia, PA
Okay this is the deal... I have hated diet drinks since ....Forever that includes sodas I always said I'd rather drink water and here lies the problem....even when I went on diets and bought the CL I shelved it shortly after ...now i must have darn near every flavor of Crystal light and I HATE it bought the Wal-mart value packs too not my favorite either (they were suggested) WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DRINKING OUT THERE????? Water which is my fav I'm having a hard time with it my mouth gets watery like I'm going to throw-up... I know TMI but it's true..... Turkey Hill makes a good diet tea(lemon tea) but I don't want to drink tea all the time... oh and I also found out I do not like Splenda Any suggestions out there? I know everybody doesnt like CL I know there has to be something out there that tastes good and low cal.....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Carla
Jean M. B.
on 8/17/07 12:52 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hey, Carla! Can't help you with any alternatives to CL, haven't found any either. I'm having trouble getting my water in, no matter what I put in it!!! So, I've been relying on lots and lots of SF popsicles!!! I also tried decaf coffee and herbal tea, which helps add to the total of oz of liquid. I was just gagging from the CL at the end. Oh, did you try the morning sunrise flavor? I think that was the name, it tastes a lot like OJ and was pretty good. Anyway, how are you doing otherwise? What are you eating these days? Would llike to hear how you are doing. Take care, Jean
MsGriff07
on 8/17/07 1:32 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Jean Good to hear from you......doing fine going to the gym doing weight training now I've lost 21% of my weight would love it to be more but I'll take it... I'm on regular foods now still not much of an appetite but I've been eating tomato monzarella and olive salad sometimes I add a little avacado yummy and alot of grapefruit in a jar pink and white still struggling with PS put them on the same shelf as the CL had some SF soft serve yesterday ....not a wise choice ..oh well trial and error..Jean how have you been? Are you on regular foods now? Do you have a lot more energy as the poundage drops off?.... a little more confidence? that's the best part...this surgery has been wonderful and frustrating at the same time i.e( not being able to really drink especially water)..how do you feel about that? Talk to you later Carla
VERONICA BELL
on 8/17/07 10:35 am - TX
Try minutemade light lemonade, fresh squeezed lemonade or unsweeted diluted apple juices (motts has a light)
MsGriff07
on 8/18/07 12:16 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks for the tip!! Will try it.....today Carla
jessica0378
on 8/17/07 10:33 pm - Red Lion, PA
I was a BIG fan of the Great Value (walmart brand) of CL before surgery. I would drink about 3-4 packs a day! Post-op, they are too sweet and too much flavor for me! I seem to only wan****er, or watered down drinks. I can use only about 1/3 pack of the powder in my water and it tastes good. I still drink 1/2 then add more water! If you're not getting your fluids in, try SF popsicles and jello! They count as liquids too!
MsGriff07
on 8/18/07 12:21 am - Philadelphia, PA
The walmart grape was actually good I would add lemon juice to it and it tasted like grape kool-aid then after a while it wasnt so good i love water but im getting weird reactions from it. ive been doing the SF pops since the beginning they're still good.....no jello though Thanks Carla
typingmom
on 8/18/07 1:41 am
Hi Carla- I'm really enjoying Vitamin Water and the new Life Water by Sobe. It is sweetened with crystalline fructose, which is naturally found in fruit. They have a light taste and have helped me a lot since water just doesn't want to go down well for me. My favorite flavors are formula 50 in Vitamin Water (grape) and cherry pomegranate in Life Water. Good luck, Amy
MsGriff07
on 8/18/07 2:31 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Amy Since I am going to the market I'll pick up a couple of those too!! Carla
CrazyConnie
on 8/18/07 10:01 am - Warsaw, IN
Lap Band on 07/02/07 with
I really like the Lipton Diet citrus green tea. Cold or room temp because by the time I can get it all down, it's room temp!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views