Newby

bettyl
on 8/16/07 8:12 am - McKinney, TX
RNY on 07/06/07 with
Hi all, Just a quick word to introduce myself. My RNY was on 7/06/07 by Dr. Nicholson at Baylor/Plano. Doing well now after a bit of difficulty. Looking forward to joining the TX grp. Betty
H A.
on 8/16/07 10:09 am - NOR CAL, CA
Your not in Texas anymore.
Jean M. B.
on 8/17/07 1:04 am - St. Cloud, MN
WELCOME, Betty! Congrats on having your surgery, too! It's been nice to be able to keep in contact with others who had surgery in the same month. How has your weight loss been and what are you able to eat now? Take care, Jean
bettyl
on 8/21/07 11:59 am - McKinney, TX
RNY on 07/06/07 with
Hi Jean, Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I went back to work this week and things have been hectic. This is the first chance I have had to check messages. I had my six weeks check-up last week. I lost 21 #'s. YEAH!!!!!!!!!! My doc said I am right on target. I was hoping for a bit more weight loss, but then I thought again and realized having WLS is no instant cure. So, I am very pleased. I have had zero problems with my diet. No dumping, vomiting. etc. Perhaps I am lucky. I haven't yet found a food that I can't tolerate. Perhaps it is because I go real slow on the new foods and I don't eat past the point that I am full. For example - this AM I had 1/4 cup cottage cheese and a slice of very thin toast. Lunch was one ounce of turkey breast with five melba toast rounds and forkful of salad. For supper I had two ounces of flank steak with 1/8 green beans and 1/8 cup of mashed potatoes-no fat added. How about you? I do hope you have fully recovered and are doing well. Betty
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views