FINALLY! A really good tasting protein shake!

aimee43
on 8/16/07 8:32 am
I've tried the HMR shakes and almost gagged as I drank them the first couple of wks post-op (7/20th was my RNY) but when I started back exercising at LifeTime fitness, I stopped in their cafe to see what they had in terms of protein drinks. WELL, I do belive I have finally found something I can drink.It's Peak Performance Whey Protein, it has 17g's of protein in a packet, or scoop if you buy the canister. They mixed it with non-fat yogurt, skim mil**** and one scoop of raspberries, blended real well and it's great, really! I don't know how it compares to other whey powders but I told them that I can't take EAS, I just don't like the taste. The woman that waited on me said she didn't care for EAS either b/c you can taste the protein which is why they use this Whey Protein. If you don't have a LifeTime fitness by you, you can still order this off of their website. It's about $20 for a 1.5 lb canister. It comes in two flavors vanilla and chocolate. I've only tried the vanilla. Hope this helps someone I was so happy to finally find something I could drink and enjoy.
bettyl
on 8/16/07 9:09 am - McKinney, TX
RNY on 07/06/07 with
Hi Amy, Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try. So far, the only protein shake I have liked is Carnation Instant Breakfast.
aimee43
on 8/17/07 5:29 am
Betty, I have a sample packet I'd be happy to send you if you'd rather try it that way, just let me know. ~Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views