Moving Again!!!!

saphireset3
on 8/15/07 11:09 am - Yuba City, CA
I weighed myself today for the 2nd time since my surgery on 7/9 and I seem to be over my slump! I had lost 28 lbs in the 1st 2 1/2 weeks and had been stuck there for another 2 1/2 weeks. Today I made it to 33 lbs! WOO-HOO ME! That's a 5 lb move, I am so excieted! I know it happens, but it was so frustrating being stuck there for so long. Just thought I'd share. Anyone else slumping???? I Am Stronger Than Myself Janice
leochick
on 8/15/07 12:01 pm - Edgar, WI
Holy Cowsa! I had surgery the day after you and I am at a 20 lb loss. Way to go! Any advice you can share?
saphireset3
on 8/15/07 1:11 pm - Yuba City, CA
I stuck pretty close to the diet I was given. 1st 10 days were liquid, weeks 2-6 mostly chicken, turkey, fish, cottage cheese, yogurt, egg beaters for protein. There was veggies, fruits and starches too, but I mostly stuck with all the proteins & sf jellos, puddings and popsicles. The more protein I eat, the less I have to drink! I think a big help was the Crystal Light. I freeze it shaking and mixing it about every 45 min so it freezes in little pieces. For some reason I will go through 4+ bottles a day like this, but regular water I'll barely get in 1. My side pain FINALLY disappeared about a week ago, so now I walk 1 mile every morning, this is what got me over my slump. I pop in my IPOD grab my wennie dogs to pull me faster and head to the track. I'm home in 1/2 an hour and it's over for the day. Good luck, keep us posted! I Am Stronger Than Myself -
freespirit01
on 8/15/07 1:24 pm - Maumee, OH
I am in the slump right now and very frustrated! I lost 2 lbs last week and was a little disappointed. I am down 27# and I am 4 weeks out today. I guess that is pretty good right? I should be happy but I am just afraid I am doing something wrong! I ride my stationary bike for 20 minutes everyday, working myself up 5 minutes every week. I find it hard to get in enough food. I also only get about 30-40 oz of water a day! I am going to up my water and food intake this week and see if I can get this ball rolling again!! Malissa
Jupiter6
on 8/15/07 3:05 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I'm still slumping too. Gained 2 pounds in the first 11 days, lost 16, now holding for the past two weeks. Total loss in the first month comes to 16 pounds-- which I add to my 68 pound pre-op loss, so all is not completely craptastic. I'm still having that damn left side pain. I have been exercisisng anyway-- swimming since the end of week two-- but had to stop this Monday when I hurt myself during another heinous bout of constipation. (I know, TMI.) The side is throbbing again. I'm back to walking, a mile at a time. Hope the pain and the bowels of cement pass quickly-- so much I want to do! Oh, and if this stall would like to leave me, that'd be alright too!
H A.
on 8/15/07 11:45 pm - NOR CAL, CA
I have slowed too. I was concerned but it look like it might be a natural stall. I'm going to start walking again and see if I can jump out of it. Heidi
jowenm
on 8/25/07 12:20 pm - STATEN ISLAND, NY
I wish I was slumping.. got some horrible stomach flu this past Tuesday.. everything was going straight thru me.. even water. Lost 5 pounds in one week, and after losing 35 the first 5 weeks.. I am kinda thrilled to be at 40, but not this way.. no way. I know I am going to be dehydrated if this doesnt pass soon.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views