Is anyone else having trouble getting enough..?

4Synergy
on 8/16/07 7:05 am - Chester, VA
Hello everyone, I am 3 weeks out as of Monday. I am having problems getting all of the protein in as well. I drink a lot of water - and I drink some crystal light. I am trying to get in the egg beaters and baby green peas w/ carrots. I can eat a small amount of grits - real small. I wish I could just drink the far free milk on ice for each meal and call it a day - but my doctor says that's not a good idea. I think it is time for me to make an appointment with my NUT so that we can come up with a plan for me. For those having a problem stomaching the protein drinks - I found that heating my skim milk in the microwave and putting my chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfast in it - = HOT CHOCOLATE for real. I had even started putting one scoop of chocolate WHEY in it so that I knew I was getting the protein in ....HOWEVER as of a week ago everything seems to be too sweet for my tongue .....I am happy and glad that I made the decision to do this - I would do it again - but the eating/protein thing is driving me crazy. I have to find a plan - and work the plan starting this weekend. Will take all suggestions - THANKS! ~Melanie
laurie_40
on 8/19/07 1:11 pm
my surgery date was July 11th . I have struggled with protein from the beginning. Even before my surgery. Food in general seems to repulse me. I am slowly getting on track. I have been doing well with my water intake though...yeah! My doctor told me about a protein water that you can get from GNC called Isopure. It is 260 cals for 20 ounces and has 40 grams of protein. I drink 1/2 at a time. It counts as part of your water too. Does it taste well? My family seems to think so. So far, I like the grape flavored best. hope this has helped! Laurie
mslenamaria
on 8/20/07 4:46 pm - Whittier, CA
I am going to try the Isopure. I am using some protein drink from Costco... 3 ounces equal 20 grams protein. I am also drinking the Atkins Advantage pre-made drinks. They seem to be really helping me get the protein in. Now that I am on purees I am doing a little better. I am eating cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, tuna, chicken and refried beans with protein powder. I am only eating bits at a time barely an ounce but it is better than before. Thanks for all the input people. All you sexy people ROCK!
MsGriff07
on 8/20/07 10:44 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Okay the Profect is HORRIBLE I can't even think about drinking that stuff I threw two away Once again more $$ down the drain The thing with me is I cannot eat or drink anything that I dont like IT has to taste good No matter what.... I know some people who say You gotta do it well I say HOW BOUT NO I am determined to get on track with this protein thing I found a walking cup that holds 16oz I mix 1 scoop of Matrix 5.0 cookies and creme with 1 cup of 1% milk and a couple sprinkles of cinnamon and fill the cup with ice and it tastes like a milk shake...as long as I take a couple of lactaid pills I'm fine.... that's 31gr of protein drink.... one early morning and then one at lunch while sipping water or vitamin water in between that's 62 gr of protein!!The vanilla matrix is next on the shopping list I think I can do more with addins with the vanilla I want to be at goal or at least near it at my 6month check-up WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Carla
iluvnyy2
on 8/20/07 10:54 pm - Monmouth Junction, NJ
Did anyones surgeon ban them from dairy??? I am not allowed dairy until I am three months out of surgery. I get my protein the old fashioned way-- lean meats. I basically consume only water and protein all day- but I can't be getting enough protein (or calories). Any suggestions for protein without dairy?
MsGriff07
on 8/21/07 1:08 am - Philadelphia, PA
The protein I drink can be mixed with milk or water(Matrix 5.0) I also have the Syntrax Nectar in Fuzzy Navel that you mix with water or juice....juice is too much for me so mixing with water is better the matrix has 23gr of protein and the nectar has 23 gr too (made by the same company)...... Have you tried kippered snacks shrimp, tuna scallops? All high in protein not as heavy as the beef Ive been eating nuts(mixed) too and sunflower seeds a little peanut butter is good too I try to mix it up because i get bored....Why won't he let you have dairy just curious? Hope this helps you. Carla
mslenamaria
on 8/22/07 5:05 am - Whittier, CA
Someone mentioned the Isopure drinks are water with protein and I think the Atkins drinks are not dairy based. They are the only ones I can stomach. I add protein powder to everything my water with CL and my refried beans just about everything to TRY and get the protein in. I am still struggling with the water even more so since I am eating a little more.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views