Anyone having food dreams?

Roberta W.
on 8/11/07 1:33 pm - Kent, WA
Anyone else having food dreams? I have been jones-ing for food so bad. Last night I had dreams that I ate a whole sandwich and that I ate most of an apple fritter?!? then thought "OMG, my new pouch is going to explode! What have I done?!" Thank god I wake up, but then I wake with cravings for apple fritters
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/07 1:15 am - Los Angeles, CA
I haven't yet dreamt about food, that I remember. But I DO remember dreaming about being SKINNY. I looked down and there was no flabby tummy. I remember thinking - WOW ... I've never seen THAT. And I was so happy. So it's like a little vision I get to keep in my brain: the skinny me .. she's there!
Amy_in_MA
on 8/12/07 9:10 pm - Danvers, MA
I've had dreams similar to this...things like going through all the clothes in my closet and realizing none of them fit because they are too big...or that I'm in a social situation and have much more confidence than I ever had and I realize that my body though not skinny, is beautifully proportionate and curvy without being big. At least I can dream it (there was no sagging skin or boobs in my dreams...I already have both of those).
freespirit01
on 8/12/07 3:02 pm - Maumee, OH
I have totally drempt about food!! Not alot but a few times. Very weird dreams! It is getting better everyday though. I am getting used to eating normal foods and my pouch and I are getting used to eachother! No regrets here but I do miss certain foods! TURTLE SUNDAES!!! It will all be worth it in the end!
Monica P.
on 8/12/07 5:12 pm - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
I often dream about hot sweaty shirtless firemen. ...but I had those dreams as a pre-op too.
H A.
on 8/12/07 11:36 pm - NOR CAL, CA
I had a dream one of the first nights home so I was still on pain killers. My husband was hiding a burrito from me and I was ready to fight for it. I was really mad. I woke up and had to think for a minute if it really happened.
Jacqueline H.
on 8/13/07 12:48 pm - Lawrenceville, NJ
I've had several! The night before the surgery, I dreamed I ate a package of peanut-butter crackers, only remembering after they were in my mouth that I couldn't have any food before surgery, which led me in the dream to chew them up and then spit them out! (And since the surgery, I thought of that once or twice when I was tempted to eat something I shouldn't, but never caved.) Since the surgery, I have a food dream about once a week. The other night, I was going to try to eat a piece of pineapple upside down cake at a work conference after resisting all kinds of other carbs through the rest of the dream, only to get distracted when I found that all my stuff, including my checkbooks and wallet, had disappeared while I was off getting the cake. Talk about my subconscious yelling at me! Nice to know I'm not alone, though.
(deactivated member)
on 8/14/07 2:43 pm
For the first couple of weeks after my surgery, I dreamt every night that I was eating full meals and lots of sweets like donuts, candy, and cake. In my dreams I would think, I'm ruining my surgery!
bkeith630
on 8/15/07 4:06 am - Ladoga, IN
I am two weeks out today and have dreamt about food almost every single night! The first night home from the hospital I dreamed that I went to Taco Bell and then drove to Pizza Hut and had pizza and then to Baskin Robbins for Ice Cream! In my dreams I keep telling myself you are ruining your pouch you can't eat all of this and then I wake up terrified that I have been bad!
Danubefish
on 8/15/07 10:41 pm - Plano, TX
RNY on 07/20/07 with
No real food dreams, yet. I HAVE been dreaming about smoking, which of course I had to quit before surgery. If you weren't a smoker, you can't understand. Giving up butts AND food within 5 weeks......I'll pat myself on the back for that. Thanks!
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views