question

carli brown
on 8/11/07 1:01 pm - spokane, WA
hi I am almost two weeks out of surgery and am on liquids only I could not continue the optifast i was on before now i am doing iso-pure which is getting old real fast and the optifast soup with protein powder added any products/ ideas to get more protein in a day when i can only do liquids. creamy texture is really hard for me
rosieanna
on 8/12/07 1:56 pm - spokane valley, WA
I am using a unflavored powered whey protein called Bioplex. It is lactose and fat free. I have mixed it in everything and it sure has helped me feel better. I have way more energy. My surgery was 7-30-07. Take care, Tracy
carli brown
on 8/13/07 8:50 am - spokane, WA
thanks so much i will give it a try hope that you are feeling good after these first couple of weeks carli
jessica0378
on 8/13/07 9:18 am - Red Lion, PA
If you ask your NUT, they'll most likely tell you to get in the fluids and don't worry so much about the protein at this point. Your body stores protein, and it'll last you awhile. I was worried about the same thing until she assured me I was doing great with eating the protein and drinking a lot of water. I can't stomach another frothy protain shake, and isopure tasted like liquid death to me! $4 down the drain!
MiniMimi
on 8/16/07 3:27 am - Houston, TX
If you have HEB grocery store they have a product called Mootopia- (milk aisle) It is lactose free and has 14 grams of protein per cup. I add a sugar free Carnation Instant breakfast which has 5 grams of protein for 19 grams total for 8 oz. It comes in strawberry , vanilla and chocolate. My kids even love it. It has helped my energy a lot. My surgeon doesn't allow protein shakes, but he allows this. He also recommends something called double milk where you add powdered milk to Mootopia or lactose free milk. you can flavor it with sugar free coffee syrups. I like the sugar free hazelnut syrup in milk when it is warm.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views