Just being?

Jessica M.
on 8/11/07 9:02 am - Midlothian, TX
I haven't written on this board before, but I had my surgery on July 2, 2007. I'm feeling kinda of down about the surgery. I am not regretting having the surgery, and I have had no problems with the requirements afterward. But, I guess I am just feeling down because I don't feel like I am losing what I should be, although I have lost about 32 pounds thus far. I can't see it. Anyways, I just thought I would post on this site because maybe someone is going thru the same thing that I am.
Andi190827
on 8/11/07 5:43 pm - Fort Leavenworth, KS
Jessica, I know how you feel. I've lost just over that too (July 6th surgery) and I don't feel any different. I don't see it in the mirror either. But what I did do, am so glad I did, was take before pictures and did my measurements the night before surgery. At my 1 month surgiversary I took pictures (you can see them in my profile) and did my measurements again and was shocked to see them. I lost just over 31 inches. and I could see a big difference in my face and upper belly in the pics. If you haven't done before pics, do them now, so next month you can see the progress even when we don't believe the scale. And do your measurements too. It really did help me!! Andi
Jessica M.
on 8/12/07 3:46 am - Midlothian, TX
Andi, I haven't taken "full length" pictures, I hate myself in full length pictures! I suppose that it could help when the scales aren't moving. I'll start taking some today, I kinda wished I had taken pictures the day of surgery and so forth. I go to my one month appointment on Thursday, and I am excited to see what my grand total is on that day! I'm haven't taken measurements either, those are good suggestions. Congratulations on your lose!! Jess
MsGriff07
on 8/12/07 10:41 am - Philadelphia, PA
I am the Queen of not taking pictures but I did it the night before surgery it's the best thing you can do for yourself...you may not see the lbs. coming off but everybody else can!!!! and you keeping a record of that is great for you I took full side left and right full front and back didnt realize or better yet didnt want to realize how bad it was yeech I took my pics with the same clothes on(before and after surgery) and wow a major difference it'll boost your confidence even more to keep a physical record of all the poundage melting off....Good Luck!! Had surgery on July 3 and so far i lost 40 lbs..... I feel a little down too i MISS drinking regular( meaning guzzling an ice cold water) and having an appetite I love the weight coming off but all my desires to eat have all but diminished....hopefully it's temporary Carla
H A.
on 8/12/07 10:59 am - NOR CAL, CA
Try some pants on that were tight before surgery. I bet you see a difference. Even if they are just more comfortable. Heidi
colombo126
on 8/12/07 3:00 pm
Hi I'm with Carla. My surgery was July 23rd and weicht loss is probably around 22. I just feel such a sense of loss. To drink and feel quenched and to feel satisfied after eating. I just want to feel a little bit normal. I seem to get nauseas after I eat . Please tell me it gets better.
freespirit01
on 8/12/07 3:07 pm - Maumee, OH
I thought I was the only one feeling this way!! I haven't weighed myself in over a week! I want to see big numbers when I weigh myself so I try to only do it once a week. Wednesday will be my big day! I did take before pictures and measurements. I will take more pictures on my one month and do measurents again. I am kinda excited to see the difference! Everyone keeps saying they can definitely tell in my face. I can't see it though. I will have to say my clothes are fitting different. I went to buy a new shirt today and went from a size 3x to a snug 1x! I'll take it!!!!!!!! AMAZING!!!
Jessica M.
on 8/12/07 10:44 pm - Midlothian, TX
Thanks to everyone *****sponded. You all have great ideas, and I guess I am just going to have to get over my insecurities and take the full length pictures, and measurements! Let's keep our heads up!! I know that we can all count on each other for the support, because we are going through similar things around the same time. I've hit that phase where, I am extremely emotional about everything!!! I keep hearing it about the weight loss in my face, too... That's exciting that everyone else can see it, but me! But, hey as long as it's working, I am happy.... Jessica
MsGriff07
on 8/13/07 7:05 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good news guys!!!! I just came from my 6 week check-up today and the loss of appetite is TEMPORARY and normal!!!! My Dr. said there is this 6 month window when you lose weight really quickly so use the loss of appetite as a advantage. As long as your getting in your required Protein and liquids it's totally fine ......make sure you're exercising too!!! So keep your heads up find a protein that you like (trial and error) and let the poundage slippeth off!!! Carla
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views