Protein Bars-What's okay, what's no way?

turtleof3
on 8/9/07 7:52 pm - Stillwater, OK
Now that we know aliitle more about the powders and protein drinks, how about the bars??
jessica0378
on 8/13/07 9:15 am - Red Lion, PA
Most of them that I've found have a ton of sugar/carbs, or more than we should have even in the small little serving that we could eat at once. I've been on the lookout though! Someone mentioned Atkins bars, but I haven't read the label recently.
dolphinlover525
on 8/13/07 1:06 pm - Toledo, OH
go to www.kashi.com and look for the link to get a free bar. They are low in sugar and since it is free...it's really yummy. I don't have the package with me or I'd tell you what all is in it. The one I received was a peanut butter flavor. Laura
jessica0378
on 8/16/07 2:44 am - Red Lion, PA
how long ago did you request your free bar? I checked and didn't see a link?!? I'd like to try before I buy!
dolphinlover525
on 8/16/07 5:55 am - Toledo, OH
My bad! I was hoping it would still be up and forgot to let you know that. Another to try is http://www.southbeachdiet.com/kraft/kraft.asp not even half way down in the middle of the page is where you can sign up for a free sample. This I got 2 weeks ago. Depending on which one they send you, here is what information was on mine. I got the High Protein Cereal Bar (Peanut Butter) Calories 140 Total Fat 5g Total Carbs 15g dietary fiber 3g Sugars 6g sugar alcohol 3g Protein 10g Something I might invest in for when I go back to work. I don't do breakfast (didn't before surgery either). Eggs don't sit well with me and I'm not ready to try cereal either. This will be just enough to get me started. Hurry...I don't know how long this one will last. Laura
Laura C.
on 8/19/07 2:02 am - Carbondale, PA
I have not tried these but found them on the recipe forum.... 7 scoops (2 1/3 cups) Chocolate Whey Protein 1/2 cup melted butter 4 oz FF cream cheese (8 protein;4 carbs) 1/2 cup walnuts, if desired (10 protein; 5 carbs) Melt butter & cream cheese in microwave and stir until smooth. Mix in protein powder. Stir until mixed. This will be very thick and hard to stir. Add chopped walnuts and mix. Put in a greased bread pan. Chill. Cut into 8 pieces. When firm, you can wrap each piece in plastic wrap and store in fridge. Yield: 8 generous bars. Protein per bar: 17.5 Carbs per bar: 2.43 These come out chewy and look like fudge. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/recipe/postdetail/2515.html?vc=0
iluvnyy2
on 8/21/07 10:49 pm - Monmouth Junction, NJ
Where does everyone buy the protein they add to drinks?
Laura C.
on 8/22/07 12:04 am - Carbondale, PA
I got my Any Whey at GNC, and my Chocolate and Vanilla at WalMart. Hope this helps, Laura
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views