Hey

razzlefairy0
on 8/9/07 9:12 am - Mt.Sinai, NY
I had a question for everyone...i had surgery july 16 and i wanted to know what everybody else was eating at this stage that had surgery in july...??? Im on stage 4..soft solids and i tolerate everything i eat...i just gotta be careful not to eat too fast!! it hurts! i eat tuna salad, egg salad,chicken salad, crab salad, string cheese, american cheese, deli meats sliced thin, i tried cheerios today 4 the first time, i tried a hot dog (boars head lite..only 6 grams fat) last nite on a whole wheat lite bun(i tolerated it!) ive tried watermelon,pineapple, and melon, i eat yogurt, SF puddings, fudgsicles(FF) etc...i feel like im eating alot for a person whos not even a month out, but i havent had any problems..i even tried a meatball today! and sloppy joes the other nite cuz on stage 4 u can have ground meat...thanks! ~Lex
Jupiter6
on 8/9/07 9:29 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I had surgery the same date. I tolerate everything well (eggs feel a little funny, but no major issues) but am still on pureed protein-based foods for another week before I start soft food-- which even then is protein-first. We would not be allowed pineapple (stringy) or Cheerios (no protein) the hot dog (high fat content) or the bun (no spongy breads), even in the next phase. Mostly, I do pureed Healthy Choice meats in sauces (ff BBQ ff gravy) ,pureed tuna egg or ham salads, pureed chili, that sort of thing. Two ounces per serving, three times a day, plus 2 8oz protein shakes. Just because you *can* eat it doesn't mean you should. Our nerves aren't fully healed-- and at this point, I am told we should still be measuring what we eat. YMMV.
KarenLynne
on 8/11/07 4:19 am - Camden, OH
I too am on my pureed diet stage. I only can have 1 oz of protein and 1 oz of either a vegetable, starch or fruit at each meal. I just bought plain meat baby food to get through the week and now it is starting to make me gag. From all the replies to this primary post I am surprised at all the different diets there are from all of the surgeons. Some are very strict with consistency; others are not. I have trouble drinking 64 oz of fluid a day. This pureed diet sucks socks. Karen
freespirit01
on 8/10/07 1:36 am - Maumee, OH
Lex, I had surgery on the 18th and I am pretty much eating what you are eating! And having no trouble at all. I cannot have pineapple or soft breads though. I just make sure I get my protein first which doesn't leave much room for anything else. I love the s/f popcicles and fudgesicles for a treat, and I always try to have just a few bits of melon for dessert. I don't do any snacking! I eat my 3 meals and one snack a day. ALWAYS protein first! Malissa
MsGriff07
on 8/10/07 9:31 am - Philadelphia, PA
I can eat just about anything I will be 6 weeks out this coming Tuesday All I want is the grapefruit salad that comes in a jar in the produce section the del Monte brand..... sf pops and Wendy's chili ..... eggs make me nauseous tuna ...ah maybe........ milk yeech ! I tried my beloved su****oday( I LOVE SUSHI )could only eat three pieces and it was good!! I find that i think I want something and then when i get it I don't want it(lost appetite that really sucks)Watermelon red grapes are good too Seems like everyone has a pretty hearty appetite boy I'm envious...... Carla
H A.
on 8/11/07 12:05 am - NOR CAL, CA
SF popsicles are going out of my house like crazy. tuna I'll eat the spaghetti sauce with some cheese Yesterday we went to lunch and I shared chicken and shrimp fajitas with my daughter. I ate the shrimp, guacamole, and chicken (with lime squeezed on it.) It was fantastic. I was able to eat 2 slices of chicken and 3 shrimp. I chew everything really well. I'm going to make a crust less WLS pizza/quiche recipe I found. The crust is cheese and egg beaters and the topping SF pizza sauce and cheese. I'll let you know how it goes. Heidi
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views