Where are my 9ers!?

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/07 5:53 am - Los Angeles, CA
Hey surgery pals!! Happy One-Month Surgiversary! How are you all doing one month out? Where are you in terms of weight loss and diet? How about excersize? Any WOW moments for you out there? For me ... I'm doing fantastic! Never had a single pain or problem. I'm down approximately 30lbs, and on a "soft chop" ... anything i can cut with a knife. Soft chicken, sausage link (the gourmet ones), still on refried beans and cheese. cottage cheese for life!! string cheese, yogurt, soups. I'm not walking like i should, but I do something once a day. One wow for me ... my jeans, which were a 28, nearly fell off when I went out the other day! I decided to try on the old 24s I had in my closet and they FIT. They were snug, but they buttoned and zipped. I could sit in them and had no probs. In fact, all my pants are large on me. Some shirts, too. I have more energy and am so proud of myself. I'm lucky that I have an amazing support team in my family and friends. Even family in Florida sends me emails for a check in once in a while. We were never that close before, but they want to feel a part of the process. I'll let them, sure!! I've not encountered a SINGLE naysayer yet! I know it's coming, but I'm reveling in my ignorance! How are my 9er pals... talk to me!
Debsnewchapter
on 8/9/07 9:06 am
my anniv. is on the 11th and I have had the same experience with clothes. I have a shirt on today that I haven't been able to wear in 2 years. It's like I have a whole new wardrobe! I am so happy I have hung on to all my "small" clothes. (ha ha the shirt is a 2x!) Deb
leochick
on 8/9/07 1:04 pm - Edgar, WI
Hey there! Not a 9er but a 10er! Same here...doing great, eating well. I had been on about a 10 day stall that was really getting on my nerves, but heeded the advice that the nut gave me to up my calorie content and try to get 600-900 a day. I wasn't even close to that before. Likidy Split dropped 5 pounds this week! Woop! Sometimes I worry that I am eating too much but then I try to measure and I am like "okay, its only a 1/4 of a cup." I guess I thought I would be eating nothing forever...
saphireset3
on 8/9/07 2:15 pm - Yuba City, CA
Congratulations fellow 9er on your success so far, you seem to be doing really well. I lost 28 lbs in the 1st couple of weeks but since then I've just held steadily there. I know it's because I haven't been excercising like I should, so I've made that change. I live 1 block from a high school with a track and 4 blocks from a middle school with the best all weather track in the area, so I will now walk daily, I just got back from visiting a friend who lives in Yosemite Park and did ALOT of walking and even planned my hubby and mine's vacation next week around excercise, we'll be ocean kyacking and biking on the beach. I even got a hotel with a gym. Hopefully this will get me over my slump. I've dropped 2 pant sizes as well as 2 shirt sizes and it feels great! I'm mostly eating egg beaters, chicken, turkey, cottage cheese, carrots, peas, asparagus, cherries, pears, oatmeal, cream of wheat, and my sugar free stuff. I've experimented a little, but I'm trying to stick to my Doctor's diet, afterall, he knows more than me, that's why I paid him. I haven't had any problems with negative feedback yet, but I've just started telling people. Can't wait to go back to work in 1 1/2 weeks, I'm sure I'll get an earfull then. Oh well, if their opinion mattered, they would have already known. Keep up the good work everyone! I Am Stronger Than Myself Janice
turtleof3
on 8/9/07 7:49 pm - Stillwater, OK
Tally hoe, It's kristin here or Turtleof3. I have been the Queen of lazy and nibbling. I have tried to go swimming every day from about a week out. I have been on my gazelle a hand full of times. I am currently calling on the OH family for support, this site is my only true support that I have so I'm hanging on tight. I am on the same diet as you. But my nibbling of nono foods probably has hurt me. I am happly to hear you are doing great. I am a light weight, I don't know if that has anything to do with my slow loss of about 18 lbs.so far. I know i need to exercise more but my energy to be neil. I am just going to have to force and drag myself to push forward with my dieticians advice. Talk to you soon-kristin
Amy_in_MA
on 8/10/07 4:48 am - Danvers, MA
Hey there! A day late (and a dollar short?) but happy surgiversary! Let's see...I'm down about 18 lbs. since they weighed me the day after surgery...and 29 lbs. since the two weeks pre-op. I'm in my "transition" to soft solids...but realistically, I'm eating lots of lean protein (chicken, fish) and veggies (cooked and raw, so far I've tolerated well) and fruit. Grains will be last to reintroduce. I'm getting in between 700 and 800 calories a day, 40 minutes twice this week on the recumbent bike with my heart rate just about at the top of my range, and I hope to up that to 3 times a week next week for 45 minutes each. After I'm back in the swing of things there, I'll work on strength training. I'm still waiting for my one month blood results, which should be in next Tuesday. I'm feeling (most days) pretty good.
DetroitGirl
on 8/11/07 8:04 am
I have to say it wasn't an easy month, but I'm happy with where I am now. I stalled out (like I think everyone does in the first few weeks) and totally had a meltdown, but now things are cooking again... I'm down 50 pounds since my consultation and 26 since surgery... On Monday i officially make the move from purees to soft foods, but in reality i've done some soft foods already... it's crazy how hard it is to remember to chew chew chew every single bite really thoroughly... and if i don,t boy does my pouch remind me! I'm thrilled though... I started out in size 32 and I'm now in a 28... and I feel (most importantly!) leaps and bounds better than i did when i went for my consult... this isn't an easy ride, but i'm loving it!
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views