Protein Drinks-Help!

ShawnReed
on 8/8/07 5:13 am - McKinney, TX
I detest the protein drinks that I have (New Whey) Can anyone give me any suggestions for what works for them? I am 12 days post op and have not been taking anything which is bad I know.
Deana F.
on 8/8/07 7:24 am - Austin, TX
I have these protein powers from MRM Nutrition that I purchased at Sun Harvest..they are yummy..but get old after a while. I hear that Nectar is supposed to be really good. I'm buying some this weekend!
mtowngirl
on 8/8/07 8:03 am - Indianapolis, IN
I just drink Atkins Advantage- low sugar, low carbs, high protein (16 grams I believe).
ShawnReed
on 8/8/07 8:09 am - McKinney, TX
Oh what a great idea. I'll look into that. It is less expensive and convenient.
StephK
on 8/8/07 8:26 am - Harrisburg, PA
Profect makes a protein drink that is pretty good. They are in little plastic test-tube type bottles. 3 ounces and 25 grams of protein. They are fruity flavors and taste decent. I have been having them since my first day home from the hospital. Unjury is not bad also - I like it with milk instead of water.
(deactivated member)
on 8/8/07 12:46 pm - Los Angeles, CA
The thing that I've newly discovered, almost a month out!, is Isopure. Oh YUM! It's like a flavored water, and 20oz has 40g of protein!! It takes me about 2 hours to finish, but I do, and there's half my goal!! I like the Nectar drinks, too. And I have an unflavored that i add to soups and yogurt. I hear that Unjury is the best. The one I have (no idea) is alright and I dont use it much. I'd highly recommend Isopure.
Jupiter6
on 8/8/07 1:49 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Go easy on the megadoses of protein! The body can only metabolize 20-30 grams of protein at a time, the rest passes through your system. Better to drink a smaller amount spread throughout your day!
(deactivated member)
on 8/8/07 3:10 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for the suggestion. I do make it last for a while, sometimes two hours .. tonight was three.
H A.
on 8/9/07 1:32 am - NOR CAL, CA
Nectar fuzzy naval. If you go to bariacticeating.com you can buy a sample pack. There are also recipes for making different drinks. The matrix chocolate is good. I just bought the GNC gold standard double chocolate I don't like it buy itself but I make a morning mocha with one scoop and a few tablespoons of SF decaf swiss mocha. I drink it hot.
Dreamskape
on 8/10/07 11:11 am - Elkhart, IN
I cannot stand Isopure anymore ..... I don't like that stuff floating around in the bottle. When I do drink it.. I get this lump in the back of my throat almost like I have a glob of snot back there .. (sorry.. but that is what it feels like) ..... and it gives me the most horrible tasting mouth. I did try a sample pack of Unjury.. and found it to be a good alternative so I ordered a jar. Got it today an mixed 1 scoop in my Crystal Light and had it gone in about 4 hrs. Now I'm interested in seeing what the flavored ones taste like.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views