Feeling hungry?

emmier
on 8/6/07 11:39 pm - MA
Hi, I am officially 1 month and 1 week post op. Does anyone who had their surgery in July ever feel hungry? I am very frustrated......I would think I wouldnt feel hungry.
Dreamskape
on 8/7/07 12:33 am - Elkhart, IN
Hello - congrats on being 5 wks out! Time does fly doen't it? As for feeling hungry... I sometimes feel a little bit hungry.. but it's not like I use to feel. Have you tried supplementing with water or protein drink? That should help curb those hunger pains until your next meal. ;)
KarenLynne
on 8/8/07 4:59 am - Camden, OH
I too feel hungry at times. It seems as if I sip on some water it helps. Before surgery, that would not have happened! I would have hit my candy stash upstairs next to my bed! Today is my first day on pureed. When I look at one oz of pureed turkey it scares me. How am I gonna sustain on just that little amount? However seems like when I eat it, it satisfies me. I do get head hunger watching those fried chicken commercials on TV and yes I wanna grab a drumstick! I just keep sipping...and putting those fried chicken thoughts out of my head. Karen
Debsnewchapter
on 8/9/07 9:04 am
I am one month out on the 11th. I too feel hungry. I talked to the dietician at my clinic and she said she's never heard of anyone being hungry so early! So, I am glad you spoke up! Drinking water helps me and I am beginning to realize that some of it is head hunger and that I have to get occupied doing something. For example, I was hungry yesterday but chose to go into the pool with my kids and after a while I wasn't hungry anymore. I thougt I was physically hungry before. But, I agree with the others, thankfully it is not like before surgery where I would eat 3 bowls of cereal... Deb
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views