What are you eating/drinking

kandmh
on 8/4/07 3:56 am - Alvarado, TX
I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone is eating and drinking. Do you have your Breakfast, Lunch and dinner plus 2 snacks planned out the day before? I know there is great variation with each of what our doctor's tell us, so I know it will vary. I'm just looking for ideas to try since I'm really really really getting tired of broth!!! It actually is making me just about vomit to even smell it. Also, please post how many days post-op you are. Thanks!!
Jupiter6
on 8/4/07 4:52 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Our surgeon's plan is: 14 days pre-op liquids 7 days post op clear liquids 7 days post op full liquids 2 weeks pureed food 4 weeks soft food I am 19 days post op, and have an all-pureed diet. On a typical day I eat 3 pureed meals of 2 oz. each, plus 2 oz. carbs, 1/3 c. pudding, and two protein shakes. Originally I was supposed to be on 3 meals, two shakes, but was very dizzy and ill. I work out probably 150-250 calories worth a day-- so we added some carbs in the form of pea or bean solids, pureed, from cans of soup. The little bit of pudding has added protein to help me reach my relatively high protein goal of 85 g. Purees-wise--(all 2 oz. each) I've been eating: Solids from bean and bacon soup Solids from split-pea soup Ham salad (made w/nonfat mayo and relish) Tuna salad (nonfat mayo and relish) Egg Salad (nonfat mayon, mustard, relish) Healthy Choice turkey (w/ff gravy) Healthy Choice turkey (w/SF BBQ sauce) Ground turkey with taco seasoning (w/nonfat sour cream and lowfat cheese) It's all been very tasty! Make sure, in addition to your meals, you get down a LOT of water. I just spent an evening in agony due to an impacted stool, brought on by the meds and lack of water and fiber-- seriously thought I might die. Cheers!
(deactivated member)
on 8/4/07 8:56 am
I had Lap Band on the 30th so i am 5 days post-op. My docs instructsions are: week 1-2 post-op - full liquids (but not creamy soups) week 3-4 post-op - pureed foods week 5-12 post-op - progressive diet from pureed to soft to regular Currently I am doing 3 protein shakes a day plus some sf jello and sf popsicles. I occasionally do a little broth but got tired of the taste. Today I took a can of chicken and stars and strained it so that it was only the broth. It was delicious. It was just so different from the "normal" chicken broth. I feel full most of the time so I'm not consuming very much. I have a small band (9.75) with no saline. I totally appreciate all the people that post on this board. I love the support!
colombo126
on 8/4/07 10:15 am
Hi, I have 1week liquids and 2 weeks pureed then 2 weeks mashed then small chunks. My surgery was the 23rd-12 days out so I am on pureed. I get my 80 grams of protein from 2 20 oz bottles of Isopure and i have been having a yogurt( smooth) split into two snacks- and i have been pureeing already pretty mushy soups like pea and tomato. I guess you can puree almost anything I have a little mini chopper. It is great because it is small and easy to clean. I have to say the]at unlike a lot of other people I am definitely hungry and missing eating. I saw my Dr. yesterday and he assured me that going slower is much better even if we don't like it. He said that the opening is only half an inch and still very swollen. We don't want to get something stuck or vomit while we are still healing. Good Luck! Claudia
KarenLynne
on 8/6/07 7:47 am - Camden, OH
I had my surgery on July 25th and I know how you feel about being hungry and missing to eat. My husband baked off a pizza yesterday and I about freaked when I walked into the kitchen and saw it. Ohhhh, I wanted so much to take a bite. I have been pretty good on my diet as far as to sticking to full liquids, however I have not lost any weight. Karen
Monica P.
on 8/4/07 3:58 pm - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
I'm about 16 days post op and I ENVY those who are already on solids. My surgeon's instructions have me on liquids for one more week before moving to soft food. To be very honest, I'm already having soft foods, because to be quite frank.... LIQUIDS SUCK. I have one 40 ounce bottle of Isopure protein a day, and one 20 ounce bottle of water...(sometimes more). If I can get all that in, then I've met the bare minimum requirement for the day. In addition to that I might have a 4 ounce protein shake, some soup topped with melted cheese, or most recently I've started heating up ricotta cheese topped with spaghetti sauce and melted mozerella.
Jean M. B.
on 8/6/07 5:28 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Monica! You are doing GREAT! I sure hear you...liquids do SUCK! I may have mentioned this to you before but my surg expects 2 wks ld pre and 4 wks ld post surg! I know that's why I'm doing so well on my wt loss. The other cool thing is that I seem to be doing so much better re: cravings!!! I used to feel afraid to start eating (when I get the OK), but now I'm much more at peace and feel like I really do have control over what I eat. Maybe that's a by product of a long ld???? Anyway, glad to hear you are doing well, take care, Jean
(deactivated member)
on 8/5/07 1:59 am
I had surgery on the 19th (Lap Band). I am now eating yogurt, ricotta cheese, ff refried beans. Today I am going to give a little bit of pureed chicken a go. And eggs-smashed eggs in egg salad, soft scrambled..... To get protein I will take a SF Jello Pudding (60 calories) and add about a quarter cup of skim ricotta. It's sweet, but not completely devoid of food value-and tastes yummy.
(deactivated member)
on 8/5/07 9:16 am
Ehhh, chicken not so good yet-but I had tasty smashed mixed veggies with some feta cheese melted on it.
colombo126
on 8/8/07 3:38 pm
Hi, Are you able to put real mayo in the egg salad? Claudia
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!