Anyone feeling up to posting their weight loss?

kandmh
on 8/2/07 2:24 pm - Alvarado, TX
July 30th RNY: I am sure I had alot of fluids and extra fluid I was carrying around, but I was really suprised to get on the scales tonight and I was down 9.5 pounds - It's only been since Monday. So really just 3 days!! I know everyone is different and some loose fast at first and some loose fast at other times. Also was curious if anyone was still taking pain meds or not. How many days post-op did you get off of them? I still feel like I need it, but I FOR SURE don't want to get "hooked" on it either.
Monica P.
on 8/2/07 2:27 pm - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
I had surgery on the 19th, I'm down about 16lbs. as of today.
Jupiter6
on 8/2/07 4:06 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I lost 68 pounds pre-op, so my results probably aren't typical. My RNY was July 16th. 11 days later-- I had gained two pounds. 5 days after that-- I lost 14. Crazy stuff. As for pain meds- stop taking them if you're not having pain. I occasionally take a half teaspoon of codeine syrup to sleep, since I still have a large hematoma in my belly and have to sleep sitting up on the sofa still.
Andi190827
on 8/2/07 5:06 pm - Fort Leavenworth, KS
I had surgery on the 6th and as of this morning I've lost 32lbs since surgery. I lost 9 pre-op for a total of 41lbs. I stopped taking pain medication 2 days after I came home from the hosptial, so 4 days post-op was my last dose.
MsGriff07
on 8/2/07 11:17 pm - Philadelphia, PA
A lot of people said they didn't experience pain and I say Lucky them.... I had a lot of pain paticularly on my left side...it hurt so bad I continued to take my pain meds at night so I could sleep comfortably.... I took them for three weeks after which I wasn't having pain so I didn't need to take the stuff. Take it until your painless but try to limit it to bedtime if you can ........ Be comfortable no need to be in pain if you don't have to be!!!! Good Luck!!! Carla
MsGriff07
on 8/3/07 9:07 am - Philadelphia, PA
Oops 37 lbs as of today
sallyone
on 8/2/07 11:53 pm - DIberville, MS
I had surgery on the 31st as of today I am down 8 pounds Thank goodness the IV quit working and they didnt want to stick me again... LOL so that came out early.
H A.
on 8/3/07 12:15 am - NOR CAL, CA
My surgery was July 12th Consult 312 Surgery 295 Today 275 Lost since consult 35 lb Lost since surgery 20 lb I stopped pain meds five days after surgery. It was liquid and made me gag. Heidi
Dreamskape
on 8/3/07 4:41 am - Elkhart, IN
My surgery was July 3rd and I was 244 the day of surgery. I just weighed today and I am at 217lbs ..... so I've lost 27 lbs in the last month.
H A.
on 8/3/07 4:54 am - NOR CAL, CA
oops 37 lb's since May.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!