July 30th surgery check in

Mary S.
on 8/3/07 9:23 am - Central Florida, FL
Hi all - glad to hear from so many of the July 30th babies! Tracy, check in when you get the chance! I am still recovering nicely. Have had 48 oz water so far today and have another 16oz glass waiting for my 40 minutes past dinner time to start sipping away on. I have been putting Unjury protein powders in soups, puddings etc., so have been getting 60g of protein through the Unjury. I also get some extra from the pudding, yogurts - but not much, so the powder is wonderful to put in and mix up. Hope everyone is doing well. I have a g-tube, so the saline balloon from that is hurting a bit - but otherwise, i'm feeling much better. Am still slow sitting and standing, but bend down and lifted dog water bowl tonight - wasn't too painful, and was a good stretch. So I feel pretty happy. Haven't jumped on the scale. I am afraid of all the iv fluids! I will be weighed on Monday at my post op check/staple removal appointment. We'll see then. Have been able to tolerate everything i've tried so far - which has been clear liquids and full liquids, but still... so far so good!
rosieanna
on 8/3/07 5:18 pm - spokane valley, WA
Hi All! I had my surgery on Monday but didn't make it home until Thurs. Had a few complications but most have been figured out. It was just good to finally get to go home. I am still having major gas pain. I haven't yet been able to feel if I'm full or not because of the pain. I am drinking and trying to get my protein in but it seems to make the pain worse. Pain meds help for about 2 hours. When I do sleep I wake up in horrible pain so sleeping doesn't sould so good. I am walking walking walking too. I just feel so down and weak. Will this get better? I seem to have lost enthusiasm in what I loved to do before. I really am not a weepy whinny person and this is very frustrating. I do see the Dr in a week so hope all this is in the past and I'm back to being me! Take care everyone. Thank you for your prayers. I am truly happy for those of you that are doing so well. Good for you!! Tracy
TIFFANY G.
on 8/4/07 2:33 am
RNY on 07/30/07 with
hi tracy, i am definitly in the same boat as you i feel soo tired and weak...... i when i drink it feels like i can feel everything going down and it doesnt feel so great and my insides are still sore so i dont know when im too full and im scared of over doing it and getting sick ...it is definitly getting better day by day but i cant wait to get back to my old self... my old routine.... hope you are feeling better now. tiffany
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views