July 30th surgery check in

Mary S.
on 7/31/07 11:01 pm - Central Florida, FL
Hi all - just wanted to say I am home safe and sound. My surgery went very well and truly the worst pain I have had so far is the sore throat from the intubation!!! I hope all my surgery twins are doing well also - check in and let us know!!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/07 11:29 pm
I had Lap Band Surgery on the 30th and came home that evening. The meds are helping with the pain though I'm still very sore when I get up or lay down. I'm on "full liquids" for 2 weeks so that pretty much means protein drinks and sf popsicles. I'm walking around thehouse but don't feel ready to go out yet. I still have some shoulder pain from the gas - any one else experiencing that? How are the other July 30th twins doing? Paula
kandmh
on 8/1/07 1:01 am - Alvarado, TX
Hi twins!! I had RNY on the 30th. Came home on Tues afternoon. I'm missing the high power meds I had in the hospital, but I'm doing okay with the liquid pain meds. I had a better night last night. Slept pretty good last night, and feel pretty good today. Each day seems to be better and better. My incisions are doing great, so far. Occasionally they drain just a tad, but it's just clear. I wish all my twins the best of luck too.
Jean M. B.
on 8/3/07 8:10 am - St. Cloud, MN
Woooo Hooo! Your surgery is over! Congrats!!!
Jean M. B.
on 8/3/07 8:09 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Paula! CONGRATS!!! on your surgery, too! Remember to walk, walk, walk and sip, sip, sip!!! It's important to listen to your body and get all the rest you need. Keep us posted, Jean
colombo126
on 8/3/07 4:00 pm
HI Paula, I know it is hard to listen to ,but the movement really helped me on the gas. If you dont feel like you can walk far just walk and sit and walk and sit. It gets better everyday but the gas was by far the worst for me. Claudia
Ladyrad
on 8/1/07 5:49 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I'm home too. Surgery went well, not a lot of pain except right afterwards when I was still in recovery from all the air they pumped in my belly. After that was gone the pain wasn't bad at all. The biggest problem i've had is getting enough fluids in because my pouch empties very slow. So far everything has been great. It's nice to hear that some of the other 30th peeps are doing well too so far. Sheila
Jean M. B.
on 8/3/07 8:12 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Sheila and CONGRATS!!! on having your surgery! Glad to hear your surgery went well. Welcome to the Loser's Bench!
Pammypoo4u2
on 8/3/07 3:34 am - KY
I also had my surgery on the 30th. All went very well, I am having troubles with getting my liquids in...which worries me. And I feel so tired and weak does anyone else feel tired weak all the time.
Jean M. B.
on 8/3/07 8:07 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Mary! and, CONGRATS!!! on having your surgery! Welcome to the Loser's Bench! You are in for an exciting ride............. Take care, Jean
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views