Falling off the band wagon!! In DIRE NEED of help!

kystarlette1
on 7/31/07 2:15 pm
I had the lapband on june 5th,Ive lost 25 lbs but no matter how much I exercise,starve,or deprive my self I cannot lose any more weight, so after much discouragement I fell of the wagon on sunday and Ive really not eaten right for the last three days...Im so afraid to go near the scales and I feel like such a failure!Im not gonna give up,but to be honest, its so much harder to get on as I realized it would be! Ive only had one fill of 1cc and I cant get satisfied,before I slacked on my diet, I was going on sheer determination and will power...now, I dont know how to get back to what I need to do...anyone got any advice?? Sorry to sound so whiny! Ann
Jupiter6
on 7/31/07 2:34 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Go back to basics, Thursann--- and hang in until you get restriction-- maybe your next fill? Seems like this is a common problem. So sorry!
kystarlette1
on 7/31/07 2:39 pm
Shari, Thanks for the response,Im so depressed and feel like such a slacker on this one but I will try to get back on track asap, thanks for your encourgement...I have none on the home front so every bit helps tremendously...my next fill is aug.13th,hold out hope for me! Thursann
Jean M. B.
on 8/1/07 12:54 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Thursann! Hang in there...8-13 isn't so far away! I had the RNY so I don't know much about the lapband but I do know about falling off the bandwagon! I have heard that weight loss is slower with the lap, so that can be discouraging. Once you get your fill, I'll bet it'll make all the difference! Don't feel bad for being whiny!!! Some of the best posts are whiny, plus it makes it OK for the rest of us to whine once in a while! Take care, Jean
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/07 12:02 pm
Get away from the scale and get back to basics. Focus first on WHAT you are eating, and the band (when you get restriction) will focus on how much you are eating. Remember, fall down 7 times get up 8.
kystarlette1
on 8/1/07 12:11 pm
Debra, Thanks for your response,thats a really good point of view I never thought of...thank u again so much! Thursann
jessica0378
on 8/1/07 1:17 pm - Red Lion, PA
What you're describing is one of my main reasons for choosing LAP RNY. I knew that IF I could still eat junk foods and sweets that I would. I'm restricted to those things, and I won't touch for fear of throwing up, and failing. The temptation is strong with our food addictions. You have to overcome them as we all do, and it IS possible. Like the other posters tell you, go back to basics! Jumpstart with liquids and progress into soft foods. You're not alone! Maybe check out the lap band board for additional support! This is by far the HARDEST thing I've ever done! I can see how it'd be easy to fall off the wagon, but you KNOW what you did wrong, and you just have to pick yourself up, brush off the dirt and start over! Best wishes and hugs to you! Jessica
justcuz
on 8/1/07 2:59 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Ann, I'm sure you are not the first person, nor the last person to hit this wall. The bad news is, there is nothing you can do to change the past couple of days. But the Good news is, tomorrow is a new day. As long as you pick yourself up and dust yourself off, and more importantly get forward motion going again, you will be fine. Don't beat yourself up. It is what it is. The key is to focus on where you are going, not the pit stop you made along the journey. So get back on that and get a movin!
JeffK
on 8/1/07 4:03 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Im new to this forum and im getting the lap band soon, however, im not new to dieting. Ive been perfecting it for many years now and one day ill succeed!!LOL. It sounds like you just hit a plateau, just like with any food plan. Your body will make adjustments and fight for its survival. Hang in there and you will begin to lose again. Good Luck.
Amber N.
on 8/3/07 1:49 pm - Lehi, UT
I've had my band since 7/16, so with my vast experience, here's my advice Don't deprive yourself, don't over eat, but don't deprive yourself. Eat your protein first. It will help fill you up. Make sure you are not drinking with your meals. You don't want to wash down your meal before you get what you need out of it. You will not feel satisfied if you start doing liquids again. When I talked to my doctor and was telling them that I was hungry and not satisfied they wanted to know what I was eating. I told them mostly soup and they said that wouldn't make me feel full and it would just run throught the band and I would feel as empty as when I started. I started losing a pound a day for the first week or so after the surgery then it stopped for 5 days. I was freaking out. When I talked to my doctor they said that was normal. You will drop and stop, then drop again then stop. Your body has gone through HUGE changes and it can be expected that it may get a little confused. You can do this, keep focused, you have come too far not to succeed. And if you wanted to hear whiny, you should have talked to me the week after my surgery....I was not the happiest person to be around. I have 2 weeks before I can get my first fill. I am hungry almost all the time. I brush my teeth alot when I'm home and when I'm out I chew gum. Keeps my mouth busy. If all else fails, call your doctor and tell him/her that you need a fill sooner rather than later. Best of luck! Amber
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views