Nausea???

kandmh
on 7/31/07 11:51 am - Alvarado, TX
Hey everyone. This is a little ironic. I felt sooo good at the hospital, i walked I had very little pain. Now is another story. I feel indigestion and quite a bit more pain in my middle section. It's a little more tender when I get up and out of bed or get up out of a chair. When i sip on broth or jello, it makes me want to vomit. I have the hiccups alot. So maybe I have some gas and in a few days some of the pressure/pain in my tummy will go away. I feel like this is normal, what's your thoughts?? TIA!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/07 12:00 pm
If you are taking pain pills they can cause nausea. Also, you were probably on some good pain killers at the hospital. I seem to get tender from the incisions (I had a lap band) for a couple of days and then it eased off.
kandmh
on 7/31/07 12:04 pm - Alvarado, TX
I'm taking liquid pain meds. Yes, one of the nurses did comment on the powerful drugs at the hospital do not compare to the ones at home. I'm hoping this eases off soon, too. Thanks for posting!
Dreamskape
on 8/1/07 4:37 am - Elkhart, IN
What liquid pain med are you on? I was on liquid Vicodin and that stuff kicks ass. LOL
kandmh
on 8/1/07 4:44 am - Alvarado, TX
I was on morphine pump in the hospital. I'm now on HYDROCOD/APAP ELIX 7.5-500/15ML #300 W/F: Lortab If that means much to you.... not a whole lot to me other than Hydracodone with Tylenol ( I believe that's what the pharmacist told me) I take it every 4-6 hours as needed for pain. It really seems to do the trick and I'm not disoriented or anything like that. If I'm lying down, I do sleep well..... but If I'm just moving around I don't just pass out or anything. Today seems to be a much better day.... I'm just keeping up with the pain meds at least every 6 hours. I believe yesterday I had a time lapse of 10 hours and that's why I got to feeling so down. Anyway, thanks so much for you support!
jessica0378
on 8/1/07 1:12 pm - Red Lion, PA
My Dr ordered a pain med in the hospital that I had to swallow, and it made me feel like that. After it was all said and done, he sent me home with Dilaudid pills. They are really small and easy to get down. It took the pain edge off and caused no nausia. Maybe you could call the dr and ask if it's possible to get that?!? They understand that you are in pain, and will work with you if it's causing nausia. The last thing a WLS dr wants is you to do is throw up! Even if you feel like you're not having enough pain to take the pills, you should probably still take them. I saw a post about this on the main board not long ago. I took mine for about a week after I got home, and have some left. They make it comfortable to sleep better sometimes. Also, if you're having any trouble with "gas", I've found that a heating pad helped that a ton! Helped me sleep in my bed rather than the sofa, but I also had a real painful drain too. Best of luck! Hugs, Jessica
Ladyrad
on 8/1/07 9:22 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Tia, I felt the same way. My surgery was 7/30 and I did great until this morning. I haven't taken any liquid pain medicine because it doesn't seem to settle in my pouch well. This morning I had lots of burning and belching like you described. My surgeon said it's mostly likely just being dehydrated so they gave me more IV fluids. Or it could have been the cold ice water I was drinking making my pouch spasm. It went away after the extra fluids, but I started drinking things at room temp too and I think that helps. No more cold things for me yet. I'm more sore today too than yesterday. Sheila
kandmh
on 8/1/07 9:48 am - Alvarado, TX
I've heard the cold water could upset things. So room temperature drinks sounds better. I'm feeling better today. I ate some ice chips with crystal lite in it and that tasted good and settled good for me. I'm feeling a little better, even washed a load of clothes and washed a few dishes. My room temp liquid pain meds don't make my pouch upset. keep us posted on how you are doing.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views