New Member with questions...

scooper
on 7/30/07 6:17 am - Salem, OR
Hi, I am new to this web site, but have learned alot just reading the posts. My first visit with my surgeon is Aug. 6, 2007. I have Kaiser Permanente and my surgeon's name is Dr. Ludemann. Has any one had any experience with this MD and what can I expect at my first visit. I am 52 and afraid I will look like a prune after the surgery. Anyone else my age who has had an open Roux en Y? Thanks for your help!!
Jupiter6
on 7/30/07 6:50 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
You may or may not look like a prune...but you do this for your health, not your looks, you know? Make sure health is priority one: in the end, it's what really matters.
scooper
on 7/30/07 8:59 am - Salem, OR
I know health is number one, but I do not see many posts from women over 50. At my size I expect to have plenty of extra skin and will deal with that as it comes. I am very anxious to see my surgeon and learn of next steps. Thanks for the reality reminder.
Dreamskape
on 7/30/07 11:42 pm - Elkhart, IN
HI Sandy... I am 53 yrs old and just had a Lap RNY on July 3. If you have any questions please feel free to private msg me or ask them here. I will be happy to answer if I can. ~~jackie
Jean M. B.
on 7/31/07 5:27 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Sandy and WELCOME! I am 52 and had RNY three weeks ago today! I'm feeling great and I know you will be happy you have made this decision. I'm a little nervous about the extra skin, but I've lost 40lbs so far and skin hasn't been a problem yet. I'm sure I'll have some issues as more weight goes. I did this primarily to improve my health but you better believe I did it to look better, too! We'll be in this together!!! Take care, Jean
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views