are any of you like me

howard3020
on 7/30/07 4:25 am - wawaka, IN
I am 1 week out and I dont feel anything when i drink or eat. are any of you like this? I can drink and drink and drink and I dont feel sick or anything I am starting to worry that there is something wrong with me. I know the end of last week i could feel when I was full but not now. I feel like I am back to my normal self before surgery. if any of you can help please help me Brandy
Jupiter6
on 7/30/07 6:09 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Brandy-- Do NOT test that "I can eat/drink anything" theory! You had surgery and your nerves were severed and blocked. As sensation returns, so will your feelings of fullness, but for right now, you might not have them. Measure EVERYTHING (absolutely no more than 8 oz. of fluids per hour) or you may end up tearing your suture line! As your nerves return to normal so will your ability to sense fullness. At one week, I was still on clear liquids--- what does your nutritionist say to do? Stick to that, or you can suffer horrible consequences!
howard3020
on 7/30/07 6:36 am - wawaka, IN
I am on purred foods 1.5 ozs protein with 1ozs fruits or vegs 3 times a day plus 1 protein shake. I just dont want purred foods any more I cant come up with anything that i can have that I want because I dont feel like eating. how long will it take me to start feeling fullness?
Jupiter6
on 7/30/07 6:49 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Could be many weeks, actually. This is why you have to measure, and not just go on feelings. Here's some stuff I pureed for this coming week: tuna salad made with no-fat mayo-- ham salad made with no fat mayo-- egg salad (pureed very fine), just the beans from bean-n-bacon pureed into a paste, sf ff pudding (9 grams protein when prepared with powder). I'm looking forward to it. You don't eat for enjoyment now--- eat as medicine: as fuel to help your body heal. Stay on your schedule and do what you're asked to do. It'll help you in the long run.
howard3020
on 7/30/07 11:58 am - wawaka, IN
I am going to watch what I put in my mouth. I did find some fudge bars from DQ they are no sugar added they have 4 grams of protein. now if I have one of them can the count as a liquid too? I have been drinking slower and so if I dont get the whole 73 ozs in I am not going to worry about it I am just going to do the 8 ozs every hour. thanks for your help I have just been down today. I dont know if it is from having surgery or what. thanks again Brandy
Jupiter6
on 7/30/07 12:33 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Be careful. "No Sugar Added" doesn't mean there's no sugar-- those bars contain 3 grams of sugars. They also contain 50 calories a piece. You might be better off getting used to the Sugar Free Popsicles at 15 cals per piece. And yep, those count as liquids, too...anything that turns to liquid at room temperature ****s, jello, pudding, etc.) does.
Monica P.
on 7/30/07 5:21 pm - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
thanks, I needed to read this....I don't feel fulness either and for a while I SWORE they did not operate on me.
KarenLynne
on 8/6/07 8:09 am - Camden, OH
Yes, I too feel as if they did NOT operate on me. I had a lap R n Y on July 25th. I am 12 days out from surgery and can not feel when I am full. I do feel hunger at times and the head hunger is overwhelming for me. I start pureed foods soon. Karen
(deactivated member)
on 8/4/07 2:20 am
For me it's weird, some things make me feel really full, others make me feel nothing. At first, I thought I overdid it and ruined the surgery but that's not the case because I still feel food after consumption of certain foods. So I just continue to measure, no matter what, I'm not hungry so it won't kill me to not be full.
(deactivated member)
on 8/4/07 2:23 am
correction. I still feel full, not feel food LoL
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!