DAZED 19 AND CONFUSED

betterman
on 7/29/07 9:39 pm - LEESBURG, FL
I'm 19 days post-op right now and feeling the impact of it's effect on my family. I certainly realized these things would happen,however,I didn't see it emerging this quickly.I want to be honest and not hide half my life anymore but I see that is not as easily done as said.Anyone out there know what I'm talking about? Bob
Jupiter6
on 7/30/07 12:31 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Bob-- the problem is that while we decided we need to change, the people around us loved and wanted us exactly as we were, so the adjustment for them is challenging as you're no longer who you once were. Happy, healthy people will understand and adapt to help you-- but others may need a little more nudging. Maybe you could take them with you to a support meeting, for example? That'd be a start-- Best of luck to you.
Marianne C.
on 7/31/07 2:24 am - Hudson, FL
I think Sheri's advice is excellent and I second it Bob. Those support group meetings are awesome! I am still pre op....14 days away from my surgery but I have been going to support group meetings for a year and can't tell you how valuable I see they are to so many people with so many issues. You can also go to the pshch professional who did your psych eval if you still feel you need further assistance. Let us know how things go. Hugs, Marianne C.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views