weight loss has really slowed

Tajuana
on 7/29/07 11:05 am - Richland, MS
I had my RNY on July 2 and lost about 20 lbs. the first two weeks but I haven't lost any since.... I feel like since I've started adding foods I've quit loosing weight. Has anyone else experienced this. I keep telling myself that it'll come off but I'm getting pretty discouraged. I've become addicted to the scales I weigh myself "atleast" twice a day.
Andi190827
on 7/29/07 12:20 pm - Fort Leavenworth, KS
Hi! Yeah, it is pretty normal from what I've read on the boards the months leading up to my surgery. So I was expecting it when it happened. I had surgery on the 6th and at 2 weeks I had lost 24 lbs, but then found myself in a stall. For about a week I jumping back and forth from 245 to 243 to 244 to 245 to 244 lbs (you get the idea), but yesteray I went down to 242 and today 241, hopefully breaking the stall. What I've read here is it is very normal to stall for a week or two or three at the beginning, cause our bodies are still so in shock from surgery, from the sudden weight loss, from the minimal food, etc. It might take a while for the body to finally realize you aren't starving it and let go of that fat again. Oh, too, during that week I had stalled I still lost a few inches off of my body messurements. (I've been measuring every friday). If you did yours right around surgery, measure again, I'm sure you'll see the inches coming off. If you haven't done your measurements yet, do it! Unfortunantly for us, this probably won't be our one and only stall along the way. Seeing the tape measure move, when the scale doesn't can be an emotional life saver! HTH!! Andi
laughter4myheart
on 7/29/07 12:51 pm - Sterling Heights, MI
I am a new looser and I think that is a big fear of mine... to STOP loosing for whatever reason. Just try to keep the faith that this is going to work. Do what you are instructed to do and it will happen how it is suppose to. You will loose inches some days, and pounds on others, but in the end, your result will be fantastic! Dont fret, take a walk and be happy that you are healthier today then you were yesterday
(deactivated member)
on 7/29/07 12:56 pm
Please only weigh once a week. Don't let this obession turn into a disorder Your surgery will work-give it a chance.
Dreamskape
on 7/30/07 4:11 am - Elkhart, IN
I had been losing about a pound per day but when I went to weigh in this week, I only lost 2 pounds. It was upsetting but I know my food intake has gone up some so maybe that is causing it. I'm sure it is just temporary, I just hope it does not last to long.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views