Any ideas guys??

kystarlette1
on 7/28/07 5:06 pm
I had lapband surgery on june 5th, I lost 25 lbs in the first two weeks but as soon as I started back on solids I gained ten almost instantly! Now, I have lost 25 total, I have only lost 5 lbs in the last 3 weeks! I exercise for an hour atleast 3-4 times a week no matter what, I eat only 3 times a day, small,healthy meals and yet cant seem to lose any more weight???? I read on here that sometimes it is because the food you are eating is mostly carbs and not protein?? anyhow, I try to eat mostly protein but cant take all meats (yuck!) I do eat a combo of veggies,some type of meat, and sometimes some noodles..but always healthy...SO...my question is does anyone have any suggestions as to some meal plans that will help me or any other ideas or things I may not know that they would care to share with me??? PLEEEEEZE, I need help! Im so discouraged and have been working diligently to lose and make this a sucess...any ideas are appreciated! Thanks.... Ann
Andi190827
on 7/28/07 5:43 pm - Fort Leavenworth, KS
Protein is so important while you are losing weight. You need at least 60g of protein a day so your body doesn't use your muscle as fuel (this includes your heart), having enough protein in your diet forces the body to burn fat as fuel. Muscle has a high metabolic rate, another reason to keep that muscle. And protein is more filling than carbs, so you'll stay fuller longer. Make sure you are drinking at least 64 oz of water everyday, and possibly a little more the days you workout. It is important not to drink during your meal. Most surgeon's recommend stop drinking 30 minutes before and start again 30-60 minutes after your meal. Waiting before your meal helps so your pouch is empty and ready to take in the protein. Waiting after helps keep the food in your pouch longer. Drinking during a meal will wash the food through your band and will enable you to eat more than you might intend. In my surgeon's program I don't get any carbs until I've lost 50% of my excess weight. Then I can introduce veggies and legumes/beans. At a 75% loss I can introduce fruits. When I get to maintenance I can then add the starches. I've seen probably just as many different surgeon's diets as I've seen people on these boards. So just go with what your surgeon requests (if s/he has a diet plan for you). I know with the band you don't have as much of a malnourish issue as an RNY but taking daily vitamins is a huge help in telling your body you are giving it enough vitamins and nutrients and it is okay to get rid of that fat. To sum it up, eat as much protein as you can and stay away from as many carbs as you can. Drink 64+oz of water daily (not drinking with meals). Continue to exercise. And take a daily vitamin. Good luck to you! I hope this helps some. Andi
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views