Honey, I'm HOME!!

Linda_S
on 7/28/07 5:54 am - Eugene, OR
Surgery was Tuesday and I came home Thursday afternoon. What a relief! While surgery was great and there were no complications, I felt like I was in a hospital run by the keystone cops. One thing after another went wrong. Someday I'm sure I'll laugh about it all, but it sure wasn't funny at the time. I did receive great care overall, but they had me a little worried there for a while. I ended up in a weird bed. I kept trying to tell the nurse that there was something wrong with it, but she wouldn't listen to me. I guess she thought I was on drugs or something. Finally, I got the CNA to listen to it. Turned out it was an ICU inflatable bed they use for people in comas to prevent them from getting bed sores. Since I have a herniated disc in my back, I was in agony trying to sleep in that thing. My IV came out, but before it did, it put a lot of fluid under my skin so I was left with a huge paw. They gave me broth to eat but failed to notice the tag on my arm that said I was allergic to soy protein! Hives, extreme blood shot eyes, the sinus headache from H-E- double hockey sticks! I got my lunch dumped in my lap, got gowns to change into that had no ties, geez -- what else happened? At any rate, all the important stuff worked out. My surgeon was great. He and his assistant each came to see me three times. I learned to give myself B12 injections, and got home quickly. I feel GREAT!! Linda
saphireset3
on 7/28/07 6:21 am - Yuba City, CA
I'm so sorry your hospital experience wasn't as great as mine. It almost sounds like they could make it into a best selling comedy! Trust me, someday you WILL look back at this memory and laugh, I'll take care of the giggling for you until then (I've already started)! Glad your surgery was such a success, your Doctors sound very caring. Welcome Home and take it easy for the next few weeks! I Am Stronger Than Myself Janice
rosieanna
on 7/28/07 7:32 am - spokane valley, WA
Ok I needed a good laugh!!! Did you have friends or family at the hospital with you? Oh my goodness what a mess! Glad you made it home safely...Tracy
Amy_in_MA
on 7/28/07 8:07 am - Danvers, MA
Welcome home! Thank goodness the "comedy of errors" wasn't any more serious than hives and such. Ignoring an allergy??? Big, big no no. Man, they (and you, obviously) are very, very lucky. Rest up and recuperate in the comfort of home now.
sallyone
on 7/28/07 8:12 am - DIberville, MS
WOW what a time you had... I am glad the surgery part went well... sorry the rest of your stay sucked. HUGS Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views