had surgery 3 days ago... any advice for next couple weeks ahead..

mindy5164
on 7/27/07 8:50 am
i m starting my protein supliments shakes.. any advice for the nervous ahead...
saphireset3
on 7/27/07 10:17 am - Yuba City, CA
Take it easy and allow people to do things for you. I've over done it several times and am still having a little pain in my left side 2 1/2 weeks later. The more you rest, the faster you heal. Short walks the 1 st week home, maybe 1 or 2 houses away, longer causes more strain, just do them more often, maybe several times a day. It doesn't sound like much, but you'll be amazed. SIP, SIP, SIP! REST THEN SIP, SIP, SIP some more! Use your pain meds as needed, there's no reason to suffer. Best of luck and keep us updated! I Am Stronger Than Myself Janice
StephK
on 7/28/07 1:34 am - Harrisburg, PA
Know that it does get better!! The first few days are rough but you will be amazed how each day, little by little, you can see improvements! I found it helped me to keep track of how much fluid I was getting in each day because that helped me to see improvements as I saw that number increasing each day. Good luck!
nomorejellybelly
on 7/28/07 12:03 am
I agree about resting. My husband stayed home for 3 days, then I returned to work and sent him on his way. The next day I sent him off again and cared for my 2 toddlers all day long. Today is day 5 and I am wiped and having more pain than I did yesterday. I am sure I overdid it. Please rest and drink water and get in the protein. God bless!
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views