Happy to be home!!

courtneey
on 7/27/07 8:04 am - MI
I am home and doing well. The surgery was a breeze, but the horrid beds at Borgess hospital just about killed me! I am taking sips of Carnation Instant Breakfast and water,but that is all I am not scared to take, I don't want to throw up!! I did come home with a drain that will e my little buddy for a week, kinda a nuisance, but oh well! I am just so glad to be home to the comfort of my furniture and family. I am now on my way to that pierced belly button!! I hope all of the other July people are doing well too! I hope to make some good cyber buddies on here!
saphireset3
on 7/27/07 10:08 am - Yuba City, CA
Welcome Home! It's a great feeling to be back where you belong and in yur own bed once again. Congratulations on a successful surgery, keep us updated on your progress!
kandmh
on 7/27/07 11:47 am - Alvarado, TX
Congrats!! and welcome Home! I can't wait to make the "I'm Home" post!!!
colombo126
on 7/28/07 6:08 am
Hi, I am home too after surgery the 23rd. You seem too be so happy and positive. That is great. I am a little down and hating the sipping . How are you doing with all that?
courtneey
on 7/28/07 7:20 am - MI
Still nor getting much intake. Am sipping water all day with no problems, but I am kinda scare of the Instant Breakfast's cuz' I don't want to throw up. Slept MUCH etter last night, although I am still pretty sore. I have to go out tonight to a concert in the park ecause my son is playing in the band. But he hunted down a wheelchair for me so I don't have to overdo the walking. I would rather take an ass whippin' than go, ut it is so important to him that I be there. Hope your spirits come up! Remember how gorgeous you will be before you know it!!
colombo126
on 7/28/07 10:19 am
Hi Lisa, What day was your surgery? Are you getting any protein? My husband is forcing the protein so he bought many kinds. So far I like these protein bullets(40 grms in 3 oz.) They are very thick but so small you can fini**** in a short time. What do you mix instant breakfast with? That actually sounds good. How old is your son? Mine also plays ina a band . Good luck with that. Where do you live? Is it hot?
courtneey
on 7/29/07 11:24 am - MI
Claudia, I had my surgery on Wednesday the 25th. I am getting in about 3 or 4 Instant Breakfasts, SF of course , a day They have 20 Gms of Protein and the I mix it with skim milk too. They tastes so much "fresher" than the other protein stuff. I also bought some "Unjury" which has 27Gm per scoop, but I haven't tried adding the unflavored to it yet. My dietician swears ir has no taste at all. They also make a chicken broth that is supposed to be really good but it has been out of stock for quite a while now. I never heard of the bullets, jeez, I have so much to learn!! I have 3 sons, the one in a band is 21, the oldest one is 23, and then my little guy is 11. If I never do anything else right in this world, I did raise three wonderful young men, 5they are my greatest passion! I live in Michigan, the winter wonderland, or so they say! We have hellacious winters due to lake effect snow. I live fairly close to Lake Michigan. ut we have had some really hot summers as well. We have had a ton over over 90 degree weather this summer and it looks like it is going to e at least that hot this week. Too ad I can't get in the pool yet, can only dangle my feet, I suppose. I am really looking forward t o getting this drain out. It is a pain in the butt..................or gut, I guess! Hope you are continuing to do well. Try the Instant Breakfast, it is really not bad. I prefer the chocolate or strawberry, don't care for the vanillia.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views