Post Op Dr. Visit-- 7/16 Surg

Jupiter6
on 7/27/07 5:28 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
It's a hematoma, a deep one, maybe the size of a plum or a peach. Had two choices-- he could open it surgically on the spot using a knife and hoping it'd drain. He said, "As often as not, if it's not infected-- and you don't seem to be-- nothing comes out." Or-- "You can wait and see if it's reabsorbed in time into your blood stream." Having no other way home but myself, I chose option B. They gave me a script for Percoset and made me promise to use it, and an abdominal binder, and instructions to use them both whether I want to or not and stop trying to get well-- use warm compresses and have people do things for me. He did not, however, mention who these people might be. Whatever. I gained over a pound.
Jean M. B.
on 7/27/07 7:37 am - St. Cloud, MN
OMG, Shari! Can you have worse luck??? The trouble you had on the day of surgery and your so called friend who was to take care of you!!!! Now, this! I really hope everything resolves for you without anymore pain! It isn't supposed to be like that! Do take your meds, please! You need to take care of yourself. And, don't worry about that pound...it will all come off! I'm sure of it! Take care, Jean
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views