Anyone else exhausted?

Jupiter6
on 7/26/07 8:05 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I had my RNY 7/16. Before that, I was working out an hour+ every day. Today and yesterday I walked around the block and IMMEDIATELY fell asleep on my return! Not uncommon now, ten days out, to take 2 naps a day, even when I get 8 hours sleep. I am no longer taking my pain meds. Anyone else just beat?
DetroitGirl
on 7/26/07 8:09 am
I was incredibly exhausted the 2nd week after surgery... they told me once i could get all my protein and vitamins in i would feel a bit better, but basically it was all normal after major surgery... i'm still feeling weaker than normal, but better than last week...
(deactivated member)
on 7/26/07 9:07 am
I had surgery 7-19 and I'm pretty tired still. I can do things-but Im definitely not 100 percent. Of course, I wasn't in great shape before the surgery LOL.
mskissa123
on 7/26/07 11:42 am - hemet, CA
had my surgery on 7-17 and have felt more and more tired as the week goes on, today I had spent 7 hours out doing things including a 4 hour round trip car ride in which I drove and I came home tired and feeling ill. now I am lying on the couch with no plans to do a dran thing all night but rest, I have stopped takijng my pain meds during the days a few days ago, only at night before bed but the last 3 days I have needed anap by 2 pm
amylh2006
on 7/26/07 11:43 am - lynn, MA
I had my surgery the same day as you. I feel tired some days and not on others. the days that I really push the protein and get it in I have a whole lot of energy. the nurse at my surgeon's office told me not to worry about the vitiamins but I have been taking them and I think that help. but try to remember we did just have surgery. last year when I had my tubes tied it took me about 3 weeks to feel "normal" again. give it some time. your bady is healing. amy
saphireset3
on 7/26/07 12:20 pm - Yuba City, CA
It took me 1 1/2 weeks to stop napping 2-4 times a day! Still everytime I walk or even take a quick trip to walmart, I come home exhausted! I've read in my paperwork from my Doctor that it does get better, but it can take up to a couple of months to completely recoupe. Afterall, your body just went through major trauma and needs alot of time to heal. So get some rest, your enersy will come back soon enough. I Am Stronger Than Myself Janice
H A.
on 7/26/07 1:11 pm - NOR CAL, CA
I'm very tired. I get one or two things done in a day and then off to nap. Heidi
Jacqueline H.
on 7/27/07 10:10 am - Lawrenceville, NJ
I felt great the first few days after my surgery on 7/19, but the last few, I'm noticing I'm more tired than I was. I figured it was because of my period which started earlier this week, but then I started running a fever last night. My surgeon is pretty sure it isn't an infection at this point, but thinks my lowered immune system from the surgery may have allowed me to catch some kind of virus. I've been told to just treat it normally with fluids, Tylenol, and to consider whether I've been trying to do too much too fast. (Given how good I felt the first few days, I have to say yes, I have.) I wouldn't rule out just normal healing being responsible for fatigue because I think having your innard rearranged can take a lot out of a body, but do keep an eye on your temp. I became tired before I got sick. Hopefully we'll both perk up soon, though. Jacqi
Donna B.
on 7/27/07 12:03 pm - Somewhere in, VA
I felt absolutely great up until yesterday. Then it was like I'd hit a brick wall or something!!! No energy whatsoever and feeling very sluggish with a nasty metallic like taste in my mouth! Just the sight of food makes me want to I can't stand any of the foods that I am allowed to eat and I have to literally force myself to eat. I am finding myself feeling very emotional and just down and out. Someone said this is ketosis and is normal for what our bodies have gone through. I hope it passes soon!!
cathiquigg
on 7/28/07 5:37 am - Pembroke, MA
I had surgery the same day as you and I am still exhausted. I did have some complications immediately following surgery but am starting to feel more like myself. Just can't stand the taste in my mouth...Drove my car for the first time today. Yahoo
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views