surgery 7/9 and upset about weight loss

saphireset3
on 7/27/07 6:55 am - Yuba City, CA
Thanks, I came to the conclusion that I had to be stronger than my own mind to ovecome the food issues that got me here as I was laying in bed crying from what I thought was hunger day 2 of my liquid pre-op. Once I realize it was only head hunger, I realized I just had to be stronger than my head - (Stronger than myself). I have had a much easier time every since then. I know I'm so hard headed and stubborn that no one will beat me, not even myself! Sounds corny, but it works for me! I Am Stronger Than Myself Janice
Joelle F.
on 7/27/07 9:33 am - Greenville, WI
I had surgery 7/3. I lost 19 pounds in the first week and a half and have not lost a pound in over 2 weeks. I'm with you in this one- I just didn't think that I would be a "slow" loser. You're not alone!
FlaDandi
on 7/27/07 1:28 pm - Sarasota, FL
Hi.. another twin here... I had an amazing 18.5 weight loss at my first appointment at 8 days out... last night I went to the support meeting (okay only so I could weigh!) and found out in the last ten days I have only lost 2.5 pounds. Everyone I know (including my husband who is 8 weeks out himself and 50 pounds lighter) tells me I should be pleased with 21 pounds at less than three weeks. I DO feel better, just disappointed in the numbers... but I guess everyone is right stick to the plan and it will come off... I have been lucky in having no side effects, no vomiting, no pain (except the first 3 days) and should count my lucky stars... the girl who had surgery the same day as me stayed in the hospital 10 days and had to have a 2nd surgery due to the way her body reacted to the surgery... so all in all I guess I should take my easy (yet slow) surgery and be pleased. I bet in two weeks we are all back on here gushing about the surge in our weight loss maybe its the first plateu of many to come... GOOD LUCK!
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views