surgery 7/9 and upset about weight loss

Crickidonk
on 7/26/07 5:36 am - Macclenny, FL
hi all, I had Lap RNY on 7/9 and for the first week I lost about 14lbs. Now a little over two weeks in and during that time I have only lost another 2-3lbs. I have read other's profiles who had the same surgery date and everyone is talking about 24-35lbs gone. Anyone out there with the same problem? I think I am exercising enough and I don't think I am eating too much. I admit that protein is a bit of a problem for me, but I am trying to fix that. Any suggestions about how to speed up the weight loss? Would appreciate any input. Thanks Christa
Monica P.
on 7/26/07 6:16 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
Hi Christa, I've heard of this happening to others on other message boards, the advice is usually the same. Follow your surgeon's program, and don't compare you progress to anyone else. Everyone is very different, there are fast losers and slow losers. Eventually they all arrive at the same goal at the same time. It will happen, stay the course. Monica
Deana F.
on 7/26/07 7:30 am - Austin, TX
She's right. My surgery date was the same as yours. When I left the hospital..I was up 3 pounds. Then, this past Friday, I was down 19. Now, I'm down an additional 3. Here is the thing...everyone is different. Get off of the scale. I know it's hard not to weigh yourself everyday. Somedays are going to be better then others! You'll see! Deana
Crickidonk
on 7/27/07 11:21 am - Macclenny, FL
Thanks for your support and encouragement. I really needed it today Christa
Jupiter6
on 7/26/07 8:10 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I'm ten days out and still haven't weighed in. What'd be the point? I just want to do as I am told, get better, and exercise--- the numbers'll happen as they happen, you know? It depends on a lot of things--- pre-op loss (I lost 68 pounds pre-op, so I figure post-op'll be pretty slow), how much fluid you had post-op (I had 7 bags of IV fluid in a day!), when your body goes into ketosis, etc. You may lose inches and not weight sometimes, too. It's not magic-- it's science--- let it do what it does, you'll be fine!
Amy_in_MA
on 7/26/07 9:55 am - Danvers, MA
Sounds to me like you're doing pretty good! I also had lap RNY on 7/9, and I've lost 11 lbs. since then. I'm still on full liquids and haven't been released for more intense exercise than casual walking yet. Your body is still healing. Give it time.
brendaworley
on 7/26/07 9:59 am
I am just devastated..i am 15 days out and no weight loss at all. I had lap band and it lasted 8 1/2 hours. I feel tired and exhausted and to top it off....NO weight loss. I think I made a mistake by having this surgery. I am so disappointed.
Tracy S.
on 7/26/07 11:33 am - Victoria, TX
Christa, I also had Lap RNY on 7/9--Hey Twin!! I am having the exact same problem as you, but with a little twist-- The first week I too lost a lot of weight and then in the second week--I gained back 3 lbs. I drank a lot of veg juice, so I am hoping it was the sodium in that which put the scales up a few lbs. It seems like so long ago that I had this surgery, but it has only been shy of three weeks. Heck, I will take the 20 lbs--in three weeks--If I can loose 20 more lbs in three weeks--I will be the happiest chick on the block!! Hang it there. We will be skinny gals soon!!! Tracy
saphireset3
on 7/26/07 12:27 pm - Yuba City, CA
That's about a pound a day! I'd say that's not too shabby. Stick with your program, I don't know how much you have to loose, but a this rate in a little over 3 months you could be down 100 pounds! I think your doing great! I Am Stronger Than Myself Janice
turtleof3
on 7/26/07 4:04 pm - Stillwater, OK
I am technically a "lightweight" and have lost 14 lbs.so far, I too can't depend on that scale to judge how well or not well I've been doing. I had RNY too on 7/9 . I know it will come, this isn't magic. We as people are so hard on our selves. I do love your quote. 'We are stronger than ourselves' kristin
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1416 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views