3 days out -- i need answers

Kathy197
on 7/26/07 4:15 am
Hi everyone, I had surgery on monday. Since, I have been doing all clear liquids (jello, water, ice pops, broth etc.) Aside from the pain, today I woke up really hungry... I was happy because today I started with applesauce for breakfast and everything went fine... so for lunch which i was having hunger pains, I had a cream of chicken. I probably had less than half, but i got a bad case of diarrhea.. is this normal? someone please tell me, since i am extremely worried... Also, my stomach is still very much bloated and it hurts to the touch...
Monica P.
on 7/26/07 6:24 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
hi there I'm a week out, and like you I had hunger pains return on about the third day. Did you strain your soup? I know I'm not supposed to have solids for the first 3 weeks. I had some cream soup to soothe my craving for a savory taste. I suffered from constipation for the first few days making me very uncomfortable, I'll trade you for your diarrhea.. ;) Have you farted yet? I felt bloated and tender too, it passed after I tooted good luck! Monica
Jupiter6
on 7/26/07 8:15 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Three days out I was on 3 ounces of CLEAR fluids per hour--- you had half a can of soup? That's alotta dairy if it's prepared with milk: a can of Campbell's prepared is 20 ounces! Please check with your surgeon and nutritionist about your intake-- I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself! As for the bloatedness, I had to drag out old bigger pants, and still need them 10 days out. Gas-X strips and Tums help-- but walking does even more. Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 7/26/07 9:12 am
Check with your doctor-I was still on clear liquids three day out. Also, as you add foods back into your system, I would add them slowly. I added yogurt yesterday, and tried it again today. Tonight I may add some tomatoe soup. The whole point of the liquids at this point is to keep the digestive tract soothed-not challenged.
Kathy197
on 7/26/07 12:09 pm
Thanks everyone. I went back on clear liquids and i feel much better... my nut and doc said to go on this food after 48 hrs.. but i see now it was way too early... i will give it more time.. i have been walking a lot and doing the gas-x and all.. can i do pepto-bismol chewables? To make matters worse, its that time of the month (a week early) im assuming that is normal too... thanks for answering all of my questions...
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views