Got my date, now how do I cleanse my system?

AnneMR12
on 7/24/07 3:13 am
I just received a call from Peggy at Barix and we scheduled surgery for August 14th. The pitt in my stomach speaks volumes to how nervous I am, but I won't go into that. I didn't expect to have only three weeks to prepare for surgery, although, I have well-known that I'd be having surgery at some point, so that's my own fault. If anyone can provide advice on how I can cleanse my system of toxins and just in general, I would really appreicate it. I can handle a strict diet and exercise from now til 8/14, but I suspect that won't be enough. Are there cranberry pills or something of the sort, some kind of agent, to help the process? Also, I really appreciate those who had surgery listing what they wish they would have done pre-surgery. I'm taking notes. Thanks so much! Anne
Jupiter6
on 7/24/07 5:59 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I wouldn't suggest anything to upset the PH balance of your body like cranberry juice in large amounts or anything radical like a colonic-- it may rid you of beneficial bacteria you need in your digestive system. Drink COPIOUS amounts of water-- especially the day before surgery. If your surgeon okays it or requires it, an all-liquid diet helps as well. I was so dehydtrated that my surgery was delayed as they tried to fine a vein that could accept an IV, and again, after surgery, was pumped full of fluid and not creating a good urinary volume. Get exercise, too! You will need to be able to isolate and use muscle groups to get you up and down if your abdomen is hurting or distended. Good luck!
DetroitGirl
on 7/24/07 8:30 am
I went to Barix for my surgery (in Michigan) and they actually said as of 2 weeks before surgery not to take any supplements, etc (except a daily multivitamin)... just something to keep in mind before you run out and buy a system cleanse...
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views