Emotional Roller Coaster

turtleof3
on 7/23/07 10:08 pm - Stillwater, OK
Will it last forever, exhaustion. Doing okay, then in gas pain, then in tears.I thought I had it rough before surgery.kristin
freespirit01
on 7/23/07 10:25 pm - Maumee, OH
I totally hear ya! I am still really tired! Stillhaving gas pains and just want to get back to myself! Regrets?? ABSOLUTELY NOT!! Just ready to get back to myself! Everyday is better though! Malissa
turtleof3
on 7/23/07 10:38 pm - Stillwater, OK
Malissa, thanks for your response. I also am so ready to get my energy up and running.Bring on the walking and vitamins, and protein -right.UUUUgggghhhh.kristin
Amy_in_MA
on 7/23/07 11:45 pm - Danvers, MA
Today is probably my second weepy day since surgery...don't know exactly why, but today I'm feeling the weepies. I think it's totally normal.
Monica P.
on 7/24/07 12:25 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
My surgery angel asked me if I was going through the surgery blues yet, and I'm not. I'm worried I'm suddenly going to be down in the dumps. Have you tried exercising and going out for a walk?? It could kick-start your endorphins and make you you feel a little better. I think it's also good that you're talking about it and connecting with other folks who are going through the same thing. It reminds you that you're not alone in this. You have us.
turtleof3
on 7/24/07 3:17 am - Stillwater, OK
Those are great ideas.kristin
H A.
on 7/24/07 5:32 am - NOR CAL, CA
Last week I was feeling a little down. Between the shots, the galblater meds that taste bitter, even my Flintstones taste awful, I got a little teary. This week is a whole new story. Try some gasX chewables. It helps a lot with the gas. Keep walking. I also made sure I tried to drink protein almost every time I had fluids the first few day. And rest as much as possible. I wouldn't want to do the first week over again but you wait it will get better.
DetroitGirl
on 7/24/07 8:33 am
i'm on the roller coaster too... if i could just get my strength back, i think i would be leaps and bounds better... i feel so weak that even just walking to the dog park and back totally runs me down... i can't wait til my incisions heal and i can get back in the pool and build up some strength and stamina again...
(deactivated member)
on 7/24/07 2:25 pm
If you are still on liquids, it may be low blood sugar....or dehydation. If I don't drink enough I feel very weak, and slow.....and yes, a little weepy. But yeah, I'm really OVER the incisions. Only the port one has any pain-but I have to be really careful not to scratch at the other ones.....
jessica0378
on 7/24/07 10:44 pm - Red Lion, PA
No, it'll get better! Gas x strips or chewable are great! It's kinda like a post-partum depression thing. I went to a psych yesterday and it helped to open the flood gates there. It's hard to explain to family/friends who haven't had this surgery, but others here on OH can relate. Call your Dr's nurse or bariatric co-ordinator. They will cheer you up and help you get through this. It's totally normal...you just had MAJOR surgery! Go back and read in my profile from last week.....I detailed my feelings and it may help you too...Hugs, jes
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views