help please

prissymissy52
on 7/23/07 7:39 am - fruitport, MI
hello my name is missy i have 2 1/2 weeks to go to my surgery (aug 8th) and i am on my liquid diet part of me wants to give up and part of me dont has anyone ever felt this way i do need a support friend really bad .please help
Amber N.
on 7/23/07 9:45 am - Lehi, UT
Missy, your only 2 1/2 weeks away. That time will fly. Just think of how long you have fought to have this done. I had a super hard time with the liquids. I was starving all the time. This is only a short time in the big picture. You CAN do this. I had my surgery on the 19th and I was such a mess that in pre-opt I started crying wondering if I did the right thing. Anything worth having is worth fighting for. I'm happy that I went throught it and each day gets easier. Each day will get easier for you. I'm happy to be your support friend, heaven only knows that I could use one! E-mail me any time [email protected] Amber Richmond, VA
lennaslimo
on 7/23/07 10:42 am - Southaven, MS
hi missy, i started my liver shrink diet today. we can do this. i have surgery aug. 6th. i am not giving in to food, food is killing me. i am a dibetic and my dibeties is uncontrolled. this means my life. and i am looking forward to being a new me, healthier, stronger, me. i need someone to help me too. lets help each other. done give up. just think of how good we are going to feel in the long run. dont think about now. think about future. let me know on how your doing. if you want to email me you can [email protected]. or if you have chat program and wanna chat just let me know. take care and keep chugging. you wont be sorry.
prissymissy52
on 7/26/07 12:04 pm - fruitport, MI
ty for responding to my message also i weight myself monday and i lost 11 pounds in 3 days whooooooohave you lost any ?i just cant wait to chew i want ot chew something so bad what kind of things are you eating ? email me if you like if its easier at [email protected]
prissymissy52
on 7/26/07 11:56 am - fruitport, MI
there was a screw up hun for some reason yahoo signed in my dasughter email addy when i sent you a letter my email addy is [email protected] hope to hear from you also i weight myself monday and i lost 11 pounds i dont know if i told you that .also how are you good i hope let me know
(deactivated member)
on 7/23/07 10:36 am
Missy, I've been on liquids for a week and the time is flying by. I have been staying busy and just using the shakes as nourishment - not as a gourmet meal! You CAN do this. DO NOT give up. My surgery is July 30th... I will definately let you know how it goes...and then you'll be a week behind me. Paula
AmyCorean
on 7/23/07 11:52 am - Northfield, MN
Hi Missy!!! You can do this LD. I have 2 days left on mine and I thought I wouldn't be able to do it either. Once I got to day 5 it has been a breeze or if that is what you want to call it. Just keep in mind why you are doing this and it will get you through every hour of the day. One night I ended up in bed early because I just wanted food. One more thing to keep in mind. If we can make it through this LD then we can do anything we need to make this tool work to our full advantage. Good Luck to you and keep us updated on how you are doing. Take care, Amy
aimee43
on 7/24/07 4:10 am
Missy, I had my surgery last friday, 7/20. Believe me when I say that you will be so glad that you've lost a few pounds before going in there. It's a stressful situation anyway, no one likes surgery but if you know you've done something to make it easier for the surgeon and make the surgery safer and shorter, you will be so glad. I lost some weight and it ended up that rather than being in the OR for 2.5-3. hrs, it was just under 2 hrs. It was so worth it. Stick with it - you will see it'll pay off.
Jean M. B.
on 7/24/07 5:32 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Missy! This message board is full of people, including me, who would like to help and support you! You can do this LD and will be so happy to start loosing weight even before your surgery! I was amazed at how good I felt after loosing some before the surgery! I am only 2 wks post op and feel great!!! You will be here soon. It's amazing how fast time flies when you look back and how slow it goes while you are in the process. Try to keep busy...it really helps to get your mind off food. Go for a short walk, call a friend, read, pack for the hospital, shop for your LD food (don't forget SF popsicles and broth!), do whatever!!! You will be joining us on the Looser's Bench before you know it! Take care, Jean
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views