one week out and cravings

amylh2006
on 7/23/07 4:41 am - lynn, MA
I am one week out today and I am having some horrible food craving. I have to be on a full LD for 4 weeks after surgery then I can go to soft foods for 4 weeks. BUt I am having these cravings and they are driving me insane. the funniest part about it is tthat it isn't for junk food or food that is bad for me. what I really want is scrambled eggs or broiled scollops. crazy right ? I am so sick of choclate everything is flavored with choclate. protien shakes, pudding it's all the same flavor. it's like my mouth wants to taste some other flavor. anyone else have this how are you dealing with it ? amy also I am trying my hardest not to weigh myself everyday and it seems nearly impossible but I am upset when I have only lost a pound which by the way is great for one day that is 7 a week.
Jupiter6
on 7/23/07 5:16 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Amy- I'm your surgical sister (July 16th) and I feel too crummy still to think a lot about eating-- I am on clears still until tomorrow--Including the pre-op diet, I'll be "chewless" from July 5th until the 30th-- so I completely understand! The hardest part for me is that I can't stomach plain water-- and I really don't care for sweet things-- and damn, everything I can have is sweet (Propel, Jello) with the exception of chicken broth. GAH! Are you getting *all* the FULL liquids you can have? Yesterday I went shopping because I start fulls on Tuesday-- and I made some nifty stuff-- mixed strawberry sorbet protein in with sf ff cheesecake pudding, mixed chocolate protein in with sf ff fudge pudding. I strained some low fat cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soups. I bought some new sf ff Popsicles in neato flavors like Root Beer, Orange Crush and Dr. Pepper flavor. And the following Dannon Light-n-Fit flavors have no added fruit: raspberry, vanilla, blackberry, orange-mango, white chocolate raspberry. If you need a change, freeze 'em and scrape 'em! I miss salty snacks, and nice meals, but I know we can get through this-- so let's be creative! Here's a list of all the allowable full liquids-- is there anything you missed? Diluted fruit juices Chicken, Beef and Vegetable broth Decaf Teas Crystal Light SF FF Jello SF FF Pudding SF Popsicles SF Protein Shakes Carnation Instant Breakfast Lowfat and skim milk Sugar Free Lowfat Yogurt Strained low-fat cream soups (Cream of Asparagus, Mushroom and CHicken are ll Campbell's and come in low-fat versions)
Jupiter6
on 7/23/07 8:51 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Oh yeah--- SF FF Jello Pudding comes in not only chocolate and chocolate fudge, but also vanilla, butterscotch, banana cream, cheesecake, and pistachio-- although I'd have to warn you, the pistachio has nuts so it's not a great idea just yet.
Debsnewchapter
on 7/24/07 2:21 am
I add my protien powder to the sf ff cheescake pudding at it tastes like cake mix. Now that might be gross to some but I love it! There is beneprotien that is flavorless that you can add to just about anything. I added it to cherry coolade and it smelled like a public bathroom, so I guess you can't add it to everything! Deb
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views