Ups and Downs

rosieanna
on 7/22/07 3:24 pm - spokane valley, WA
Hi, My surgery date is 7/30/07! I can't believe I am only one week away. I am so excited! I have been waiting forever it seems and I can hardly wait. The thing I didn't count on was the mood swings. One minute I'm up dancing around dreaming about a month from now and the next minute I'm tearing up thinking about my family and worrying about everything! I just didn't think I would be so stressed out! I've made a list of things I want to get done this week so I'll stay busy. I will write letters to my kids and husband....you know ...just in case...and I have everything bought that I will need for after surgery. I feel pretty mu*****ontrol until I stop and think about next Monday! And don't get me started about food cravings! Has anybody else felt like this or are you going through this right now? Any words of wisdom? This is normal...right? Thanks, Tracy
TESSIE59
on 7/22/07 3:34 pm - Frewsburg, NY
Tracy, I got so nervous I just didn't show up for my preops. Crazy huh. My surgery was July 18th and God has been so merciful to me. I can honestly say I feel better today than I have in months.
Mary S.
on 7/23/07 12:29 am - Central Florida, FL
Hi Tracy, I am also a July 30th surgery baby! I am mostly excited as can be, and then will get a grip of fear and then it passes... and yes yes yes on the cravings! And the mood swings! I just think that 1 week from now i'll be in surgery! Very exciting! We'll be just fine and losing weight in no time! Mary
(deactivated member)
on 7/23/07 1:40 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi, I had Lap Band on 7/18 and feel great today. I have my energy back. Before my surgery tho, I was eating like crazy and right before, felt like I was having mini funerals for each food I wouldnt be eating again. Yes...I have to admit, I was mourning food! Nancy
H A.
on 7/23/07 3:39 am - NOR CAL, CA
I understand your feelings. I had lots of emotions and second thoughts. You WILL do great though so try not to worry. Heidi
(deactivated member)
on 7/23/07 10:30 am
hi Tracy, We have the same surgery dates! I am going through exaclty what you're going through. I've been anxious to get this over with (the surgery) and start the new way of life. I can't believe it's just a week away. The liquids are getting old right now but I know if will be worth it. I have about 100 pounds to lose. How about you? Paula
Jean M. B.
on 7/24/07 5:41 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Tracy! Congrats on getting your surgery date!!! Yeah, moods, cravings, sick of waiting...been there! But now I am 2 wks post op and feel great!!! I've lost some weight and have more energy. Being busy helped me the most to avoid thinking about food. I didn't write a letter to my DH and kids but thought about it. Kinda wish I would have because, as you say "just in case". Thankfully, everything went great with no complications. Anyway, take care and keep in touch! You will be fine! Jean
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views