9 days out...doing much better!

jessica0378
on 7/21/07 1:27 pm - Red Lion, PA
WOO HOO! I have NOT gotten sick AT ALL and have been able to eat tiny amounts of the following: Rotisserie chicken, 1/2 fat corned beef hash, 1 whole veggie burger w/ cheese, refried beans w/ cheese, meat & cheese topping from 2 nacho's from TGIFridays, cottage cheese w/ SF Jam, watermellon, egg white's w/ cheese, kosher dill pickle spear(no seeds or skin) and a few others. Things that are questionable are thicker soft foods like applesauce and pudding. They fall into my pouch like a dead weight...maybe I could add juice/milk and thin them a bit? I have not tried mashed potatoes because of this, and since I'm trying to eat protein only for my meals. I've still not been able to get 64oz fluid in in 1 day, but I'm trying! I LOVE SF jello and popsicles, and they cound as getting liquid in too. I just keep sipping and sipping and I get way too full to do anymore, so I wait a bit, then run out of time in the day. I'm sure I'll get there soon though. How are you all doing? Great I hope! Good luck if your surgery is coming up and happy healing if it's just past! Hugs, Jessica
Jean M. B.
on 7/23/07 4:14 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Jessica! Glad to hear you are feeling better. We have discussed on this MB before how different the expectations are from surgeon to surgeon. For me, I have to stick with a clear LD (except for my protein drinks) for a total of 6 weeks. 2 before surg and 4 after! The most important thing is that you follow your doc and Nut's advice. Good luck on your weight loss and keep in touch. Take care, Jean
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views