hungry already!

Debsnewchapter
on 7/21/07 4:29 am
Ok, I am just a week and half out from surgery (RNY) and I am hungry! It's mid-morning and mid-afternoon but I know it is real hunger. I tried drinking a bottle of water 16.9 oz and the hunger didn't go away. Could something be wrong?? Thanks, Deb
MsGriff07
on 7/21/07 9:04 am - Philadelphia, PA
No I think it's totally normal Are you on liquids if so It's really normal to want real food ...to want to chew something..... just drinking in food is not normal try your protein or your sf pops keep "eating" at least every two hours pace yourself you'll get it Carla
Debsnewchapter
on 7/21/07 11:09 am
thanks for the advice. I am on the liquid diet for two weeks so I have until Wed. It is so hard! I guess this would all be a piece of cake...boy was I wrong. I want to eat food that I ordinarily wouldn't like. I am gald I have this new tool but I am going a little bonkers...kind of getting discouraged! Deb
MsGriff07
on 7/21/07 11:30 am - Philadelphia, PA
Trust me I know the feeling I was going bonkers too I wanted to chew something so bad I bought some red seedless grapes and chewed the juice out of them they were so good i went through the whole bag(small bag) didnt eat them just spit the skins out and remember the juice is clear just a suggestion Carla
DetroitGirl
on 7/22/07 11:49 am
Deb, someone in my support group suggested crunching on ice cubes to satiate that feeling of wanting to chew... i tried it and i have to say, it satisfies me somehow... i sprinkled a little crystal light powder on the ice cubes to give them a little flavor and it was a nice snack-type thing... also, if i'm really feeling like i want something (my head hunger is outrageous right now) i go for a sugar free popsicle, a sugar free creamsicle or some vegetable boullion (the knorr brand is my favorite)... all 3 things satisfy me and get me off of being focused on wanting real food... although i am still counting the days until i get REAL food... lol
jessica0378
on 7/22/07 10:41 pm - Red Lion, PA
Are you sure it's not head hunger? I went to the mall over the weekend, and I kept wanting something to eat, especially when we walked past the pizza place. It was just about lunch time, but I kept feeling "hungry". I think it was mostly head hunger. Jessica
Jean M. B.
on 7/23/07 4:22 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Deb! CONGRATS! on having your surgery!!! I'm 13 days post surgery and feel pretty hungry when I smell or see some food that I particularly enjoy...cheesy nachos, hot, buttered pop corn!!! I believe that is "head hunger" for me. I do feel quite full after having one of my protein drinks or a bottle of water. However, I really look forward to having my Viactiv (calcium suppl) to CHEW and taste!!!! I don't think anything is wrong...for heaven's sake...when did we eat REAL food last????? Take care and keep in touch, Jean
Debsnewchapter
on 7/24/07 2:16 am
Hi Again, I honestly don't know if it is head hunger. Last night one of my kids woke me up and I tried to go back to sleep for an hour but I was so hungry. I wasn't thinking about food, I could feel the hunger in my body. I got up, drank 1/2 cup of milk, didn't help. then I ate 1/4 cup of pudding with protien powder, ate about half of that, still not satisfied. Then I drank 12 oz of hot tea. After an hour of all this I finally felt fine. What is up with that? Does head hunger feel like actual hunger? I am beginning to wonder if I acutally know the difference. Thanks for the advice, everyone, it helps. Deb
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views