surgery in 2 more days ~ nerves setting in

Alison M.
on 7/20/07 2:23 pm - NY
i think this is the 1st time i am actually feeling a little nervous. Maybe i am up to late and need to get my buttttt (notice all the t's for the size of my butt!!!) to bed. I am working both days this weekend to try not to focus and worry about monday morning. Don't even know why i'm worried, actually yea i do, cuz i have never had anesthia or a surgery before so im a big baby!! i know i'll do fine, i still just sometimes think what if i never wake from it! Ohk shush shush little baby, dont say any more words....good night to all and thanks for all your kind words and encouragement
Becka_Marie
on 7/20/07 2:45 pm - Wahiawa, HI
Alison I am right here with you sister, I have surgery monday too and I have to say I am bouncing off the walls toay. I hope the weekend goes quickly. Best wishes for a smooth surgery and recovery
Jean M. B.
on 7/23/07 4:29 am - St. Cloud, MN
GOOD LUCK, Rebecca! See ya on the Looser's Bench! Jean
H A.
on 7/21/07 12:45 am - NOR CAL, CA
This is a reply to both of you. I have to say the worst part of the hospital was driving there. I told my husband it was like walking down death row. I was worried for my family and maybe the pain I would be in. But that was the worst part. I signed in put on my robe and just followed them into the operating room. The next thing I knew I was waking up and alive! I did feel a little pain but the morphine button was good. There will be one side and one incision that will hurt the worst. But it is barable. I think on a level of 1-10 it was like a 4 or 5 for me. I could control it. This last week I have been tired and there has been some pain but I stopped taking pain meds on Tuesday. This weeks pain level was about 2. The worst part is trying to get comfortable to rest. Everyday I feel better and better. Don't let negative thoughts fill your head now. You will do great!
howard3020
on 7/21/07 5:16 am - wawaka, IN
ladies I am right there with ya I have surgery on monday too and i am so nervous. I am going to be the last one having my surgery that day I go in at 12:30 but I have to be there at 10:30. good luck everyone Brandy
Terry Sholin
on 7/21/07 6:12 am - Alexandria, AL
I am having my surgery Monday as well. The weekend seems to drag, but I have been finding things to do -- clean the house, do laundry, read, watch a movie, mow the yard, haul stuff to the dump. It all helps the time pass. Just think how good it will be when you've lost 50 pounds! Terry
Jean M. B.
on 7/23/07 4:31 am - St. Cloud, MN
GOOD LUCK, Brandy! See ya on the other side when you join us on the Looser's Bench! Take care, Jean
Ethel777
on 7/21/07 1:57 pm - UT
My surgery is on July 31st and I have the same feelings. I have never had anesthia before either. I am scared and excited to begin my new life a loser as well. Good luck to all of you having surgery on Monday!
Jean M. B.
on 7/23/07 4:28 am - St. Cloud, MN
Good luck, Alison!!! I think it's completely normal to be nervous, especially if you haven't been "under the knife" before! Don't cha just love how I put that?? No, you are going to be fine and in your room before you know it! I love that about surgery!!! Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing when you can. I'm thinking of you and sending a prayer for both you and your surgeon! Take care, Jean
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views