Hey fellow 7/3 banders...

grumperini
on 7/20/07 6:35 am - Gilbert, AZ
Anyone else having a tough time on soft foods??? After 3 weeks on liquids I was so looking forward to mushy food, but so far there is NOTHING I can eat, except maybe mashed potatoes and scrambled eggs. Actually the nutritionist told me that even scrambled eggs required too much chewing, but it's the only protein I can get down. I can't even look at milk, much less drink a protein shake anymore. And forget it, soy is out. My surgeon told me it was ESSENTIAL not to throw up, so although they keep telling me to keep up with the protein drinks, I just can't. They are nauseating to me now. I may just have to give in and eat mashed and baked potatoes from here on out. I swear, this whole process is a roller coaster ride of emotions and experiences. I'm ready for the newness to be over and to be in "real life."
MsGriff07
on 7/21/07 8:58 am - Philadelphia, PA
Awww Renee I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. And I know the feeling of wanting everything to be "normal" Remember it's only been less than three weeks this is like starting all over again Take one day at a time ....I think it's makes a difference on what kind of protein you use too..... Have you tried Matrix 5.0? I have cookies and creme and it tastes like a black and white milkshake the vanilla's not too bad either... I got it at a discounted price on amazon.... did you try cheese eggs they're softer...or creme of wheat made with milk....my nutritionist said if you can't cut it with a fork DON"T EAT IT! Try all soft stuff...from here on out everything is trial and error.......... I found out Pea soup is not good for me!!! So take your time and try to be patient I know it's frustrating at times but I swear it'll get better Bear Hugs, Carla
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views