almost there and waiting....

tonim3077
on 7/19/07 12:44 pm - Radcliff, KY
Ive completed the seminar, the nut & dietician consult, the heart doc and lung doc all done and cleared for surgery. I have a sleep study set up for July 25th, and one more month on my supervised diet which will be completed on Aug 8th! I am so excited but yet very scared at the same time . I am also torn on which surgery to have "the Lap-Band or Lap Rny" , I can not make up my mind the thought of having surgery does not scare me it is the thought of dying from a blood clot or a complication from it and never even making it home .. Sorry to sound like a baby I had to vent somewhere I come on this site many times thru out the day every day. I love to read the posts and the success stories! All of you who have the surgeries look so great and have done such a good job, congrats too you all! Too all the others that have not had their surgery yet good luck and god bless you. I pray everything goes well and works out for you on your journey to a new you ...Thank you for reading this bye bye ..........
Amy_in_MA
on 7/19/07 6:51 pm - Danvers, MA
I had Lap RNY and my biggest fear was something happening to me, in essence abandoning my young son who has really only ever had me consistently to parent and love him. If I spent too much time focused on that, I was filled with self-doubt. So I focused instead on positive visualization of the outcome I desired, which was an uncomplicated procedure, home and doing well again with my child, and the beginning of my new healthier life with him. Do what is within your control to minimize your risk, and trust that you've made a very well-informed decision about your team. And stay positive...I'm a firm believer in that!
LindaLee
on 7/22/07 10:51 am - Turners Falls, MA
Hi Toni, I am almost there too. I have my lap band surgery on Tues the 24th. I thought hard about which operation to have. I decided on the lap band for a couple reasons. I wanted to have less time for the healing process. With the lap band I should be able to be back at work in a week. I did not like the idea of my insides being rearranged. I wanted the option of say if it was 10 years from now I could still go in and get my lapband adjusted if I started gaining weight again. The actual operation time is 1/2 of the rny operation time. If I have to be out, I want it to be for the least amount of time. Mention to your dr about the fear of the blood clots, I have that fear because my grown daughter did die of one 7 years ago. Th drs were very good about telling me all they will do to prevent the blood clots, certanin meds can be given, they get you up and moving all nite long to be sure no blood clots collect from laying around too long, etc. I felt much better after I told the drs my fears. Hope this helps a little bit. Let me know what you decide on LindaLee
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views