I made it home

mskissa123
on 7/18/07 1:34 pm - hemet, CA
I am home and doing great, I feel better at home then I did in the hospital, they had me up every 2 hours all night walking, My dr, used the new lapband, all is well just alittle indigestion which he said is normal
kandmh
on 7/18/07 1:36 pm - Alvarado, TX
Welcome home again!! So glad to hear things are going well for you. Hope you get a little more rest at home! Keep us posted
turtleof3
on 7/18/07 5:20 pm - Stillwater, OK
Carissa, glad all is well. You be sure to sip 2-3ounces every hour, and get your rest. Ice water disturbs my tummy, so it might be a bit too much.A little cold is good. It might seem grudging for a few weeks but it gets better. I went through somewhat of shock when I got home and wondered what I had done to my body. Maybe I still questions for myself , I've just never known the thinner me.I worry that the adjustment will be very trying. Enjoy the pain meds and drink and walk alot . Gets that painful gas out. Baby steps, kristin
mskissa123
on 7/19/07 1:42 am - hemet, CA
I set my alarm clock to go off durring the night so I can take my pain meds, I didn't want to wake up in pain latter, I then stayed up from 3:30 to 5 am to drink water I was so thristy but only sipped it and walked felt good then slept some more About the qustions I felt that way all day yesterday, what did I do, why did I do this was this a big mistakes, Biggest problem is coughing, I need to and it hurts and try hard not to but force myself to thank you for all the support
turtleof3
on 7/19/07 5:50 am - Stillwater, OK
Hi there again Carissa, about the coughing you talked about. Well I dreaded coughing and sneezing. If you want it to end sooner than later use your spirometer(I think that's what they call it, the plastic breathing thing) 3-4 times a day.I was given mine at the hospital. I set little goals every time I use it . It is still diffucult sometimes to do as well as I would like. Take care kristin
Jean M. B.
on 7/19/07 2:43 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Carrissa! Glad to hear your surgery was successful and you are home! Welcome to the LOOSER'S bench! Keep us posted on your journey! Jean
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views