Freedom from my drain!

jessica0378
on 7/18/07 9:52 am - Red Lion, PA
I'm free!!!! I'm painless nowand so happy to be able to get comfortable!!! It's hard to explain the feeling of the drain pull, but it kinda went like this... Sue set me up on a mini table, pulled my pants low enough to see all of my incisions and unpinned the grenade looking pouch from my pants. Dr Monk came in and asked me if I wanted to wear it a little longer. Aparently everyone complains about the drain. Anyway, he opened the grenade to stop the suction, snipped the stitches, and I felt this quick and creapy pulling and tugging at my insides, and as I looked up in fear that the tiny opening was getting bigger, he already had it out. The part that is inside you for however many days is not tiny at all! It was about 2 ft long of tube and had a white plastic piece on the end, about 4 inches long and that had holes in it! In addition to having my pain in the drain removed, I have went from 302 on July 2nd to 297.4 July 18th. My pants are still snug, but I had so many bags of IV fluid and swelling, I'm sure next week will be better.
Victoria B.
on 7/18/07 10:24 am - Levittown, PA
I am green with envy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well I only need to wait till Friday. It does not hurt it is just a pain in the but.
jessica0378
on 7/19/07 12:04 am - Red Lion, PA
Yup, a pain in the butt is just what it is, but mine was SOOOOO painfull....and I have a fery high tolerence for pain! It was like someone was stabbing me and twisting the knife, no matter what position I was in!
kandmh
on 7/18/07 1:17 pm - Alvarado, TX
Awesome!! So glad you are free again! That's wonderful that you are PAIN FREE!!!
H A.
on 7/18/07 1:31 pm - NOR CAL, CA
Nice. My next hurtle is having the stables removed on Friday. Not looking forward to it. Heidi
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views